“WONDERFUL SERVICE”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“WONDERFUL SERVICE”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Last time I stayed her this hotel was under renovation so I was little worried. I called them and they were wonderful about it. They offered me a room for only 5 dollars more with a lake view. I am very excited to stay there again. It,s a great hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Paramount Plaza. We take great pride in offering all our guest the best in guest satisfaction. Our lakeview rooms are great and relaxing for sure, we are glad that you got to experiance it. We hope that when you return to the Gainesville area that you will look us up again.

Robert Knight

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Paramount Plaza is perhaps my all-time favorite hotel. It is located inconspicuously on 13th Street on the outskirts of Gainesville, about a mile and a half south of the UF campus. I first stayed there on business a few years ago but now make it a point to return at least once a year just to enjoy the hotel. It has a very homey feeling and there is a beautiful lake behind the hotel that you might not even know is there as you drive by because you can't see the lake from the road. The rooms at the back of the property have balconies that overlook the lake and it is so relaxing just to sit on the balcony and enjoy all of the wildlife - bird, alligators, turtles, etc. - up very close. Even though you are pretty much right in Gainesville, you will feel like you are at one with nature. Although not what one would call "fancy", the hotel is very clean and the hotel staff is very friendly. On my last visit, Marcel and Patrick when out of their way to make sure that I got a great room and that everything was satisfactory. This hotel is the best kept secret in Gainesville and I recommend it very highly.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakefront room. They are sometimes hard to come by when the hotel is busy (which is often...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Sean we want to let you know it was a pleasure having you stay with us. Your right those Lake Front rooms are hard to book when we are fullhouse. Repeat guest like yourself get to see the many changes that we are doing to the hotel while under renovations. Things like new carpet,bedding, furniture and our newly remodled Lakeside Bar & Grill. Again Sean, it was a great pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to your return visit.

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Recently visited for a office meeting and the food was wonderful. Had the opportunity to meet Tracy and she does a phenomenal job at arranging all the details & specifics to make the entire visit outstanding!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank for the kind review. We are so lucky to have Tracy on our team. We will make sure that she knows about the review. If we can be of any other assistance please let us know.

Orlando, FL
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was a bad experience from the start. I called for reservations so I could get a special price. My group was meeting there for a weekend. Because these reservations were handled by "Sales", I had to call three times before someone would sign me up. I arrived early and they were kind enough to store my luggage until check-in. When I finally signed in, they had me down for the day before, and wanted to charge me with a late fee. After convincing them I hadn't reserved for that day, they signed me in. There was a large family group registering and I asked if they would be close to me, since reunions are sometimes noisy into the late evening. I was told they were in a different building from mine. I got my key cards and began unloading my car, but the keys wouldn't unlock the door without a half dozen tries. The desk sent a maintenance person, and he said, "Lift up on the handle." I did, and after only three tries the lock released. It was the same throughout my stay, and a royal pain. The room was drab, tatty and unattractive. The furniture was old and one lamp wouldn't work. The closet door was almost impossible to open and close. The bath was ok, but the toilet screamed when flushed. The A/C was quiet and efficient, and the view out the sliding glass door was pleasant. Of course the family group WAS not only on my floor but directly across the hall, but quiet (thank heavens). The elevator to the main exit floor was slow and the door ground as it opened and closed. The buttons didn't stay lit when pushed, and the arrows on the exterior call buttons went in all directions. The hall wasn't vacuumed in the two and half days of my stay. My wet towels and bathmat weren't picked up from the bath floor. No free breakfast here, but some alternative pricing makes it ok. My group had a farewell breakfast the last day and the wait staff were excellent. The receipt is nearly indecipherable. I had to ask for help in figuring out what I was paying.

I'm amazed that they are in business. If the renovation continues it may be a reasonable place to stay, but I don't want to be there again.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank RockyDad
Tracy R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear RockyDad,
First let me sincerely apologizes for all of the inconviences you experienced during your stay. As you noted we are currently under rennovations with the goal in mind that we would like to exceed the expectations of all of our guests. It appears we have missed the mark with your stay and for that I apologize. We would have gladly worked to correct any problems brought to our attention during your stay, and wish we had the opportunity to fix your concerns before they put such a damper on your stay. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy some of the wonderful view, great waitstaff and effecient A/C units. If you are ever to travel into the area again, please feel free to contact me directly so that we can make this up to you!
Best Regards,
Tracy Ryan

Travelers are raving about these Gainesville hotels

New Hampshire
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed recently while attending our sons graduation from UF. Staff was extremely helpful and accomodating. Be sure to get a drink in the bar and ask for Josh. This bartender can do it all. Needless to say, their Happy Hour was a big hit! The hotel looks like it is going through some upgrades. A little dated but I think the service more than made up for the ese types of issues. Our room was in great shape and everything worked fine. A/C was as cold as we wanted it. An onsite restaurant and bar made this hotel very convenient.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony and a view of the lake.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Brady I want to say thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. You are right the hotel is going through renovations and upgrades. Josh is a great asset to our hotel and we gald that you mentioned him in your review, we will make sure tha the knows. We hope that when your back in the area again that you will choose the Paramount Plaza Hotel for your accomidation needs,

Fort Pierce, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My daughter and I traveled to visit the UF campus and stayed at Paramount Plaza because of the price. I was skeptical but overall the hotel was very clean and close to UF. It is still in process of being renovated and A/C in my room was not the coolest. We plan to stay again on our return visits. Restaurant for dinner was EXCELLENT - the breakfast buffet was not worth price for the quality (fruit not ripe, french toast was dry, eggs & bacon/sausage were good).

1 Thank Theresa413
Andrew thank you for writing such a great review for us. Guest comments like yours are the ones that help us climb to the top. If your ever coming back to the area please contact me direct so that we can make sure you next stay is as magical as your last. We take great pride in offering 100% guest satisfaction.

Robert Knight.
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This property is very unassuming, from the highway it appears to be you "garden variety" motel.
Once inside you are pleasantly surprised. Although an older motel, the lobby was clean and staff friendly. Once in our room there was a small housekeeping issue. We contacted the front desk explained the problem and was immediately contacted by the manager at hand, (Robert Knight).
Mr. Knight came to our room and without hesitation and with the upmost professionalism moved us to a more suitable and upgraded suite.
A recommendation from Dustin flushing led us to the lounge and dining room where we enjoyed tasty cocktails and a wonderful breakfast buffet the next morning. We would highly recommend when in the area give this property a try!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you Mary for taking the time out to let us know about your recent stay. I was great to meet you during your check in time. It gives me great pleasure to meet guest while they are staying with us. Myself and the staff pride themselves on giving 100% guest satisfaction. It's comments like yours that keep us growing and reaching the top. If your ever back in the area again we hope that you will choose the Paramount Plaza Hotel for your accomidations.