“Nice place”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Louis
“Nice place”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We only stayed one night. It's a nice hotel. The noise wasn't too bad. It's pretty big and no free breakfast, which I don't mind that much. Most hotel breakfasts are terrible. It was clean. Our biggest complaint was that the cable on the tv is really fuzzy. It's like watching tv with an antennae in 1985.

Room Tip: We had a room close to the entry way. It was loud with people going in and out.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you Wendy for the review. We are currently under renovations something that takes time, We have been changing out our cable provider and that was why your signal was bad, I do apologize for the bad reception. Unlike limited service hotels the Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites is a full-service hotel that offers room-service, full bar and restaurant with table service. Our breakfast offers cooked to order menu also, making sure that all guest receive a nice hot breakfast. We hope that if you are in the area again you will give the Paramount Plaza Hotel another chance. Please contact me direct to book your next stay.

Robert Knight

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Everything was excellent! From knowledgeable employees and top notch cleanliness ! I really enjoyed my stay at Paramount. Would I stay again if ever I'm in town, absolutely! And the bartender, Josh at the Lakeside Grill made my dinning experience a trully memorable occasion! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you Zachery for taking time to let everyone know about your visit. We take great pride in offering 100% guest satisfaction to all our guest. Josh is a new addition to the management staff and we will share your kind words with him. Again, thank you for your review.

Edgewater, Florida
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Highly recommend this hotel. There staff was very accommodating including their shuttle service that will take you to the hospitals, airport etc.and will also pick you up which if you have any idea how big these hospitals are makes this service AWESOME plus this service is included in your stay at no charge. The room we had was very clean (no smells or bugs) also liked the fact you had to have a key card to access the corridor as well as your room (nice safety factor). The breakfast buffet is a must, the chef makes homemade (melt in your mouth) biscuits, they cook your eggs to order as well everything else being fresh and appetizing for a price you wont believe! The restaurant does not have an extensive menu but what they do have is excellent and their is a nice bar as well. Don't let the reasonable rate fool you I've stayed at places a lot more expensive that couldn't compare to the service and comfort of the Paramount Plaza!

Room Tip: If you have someone who has difficulty walking you might ask for a room near an exit as the corridor...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Robert K, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We would like to say thank you for posting such a great review about your current stay with us. We are currently under renovations and taking great strides to please all our guest. The Lakeside Grill is one of those many changes and thank you for pointing our our buffet. We have just launched a new menu that offers a vast selection items. The Paramount Plaza offers shuttle service to all our guest visiting the University of Florida and Shands. We also offer airport pick up and drop off by scheduled apppointments. Again, thank you for thaking the time to let us know about your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Newton Falls, Ohio
Reviewed April 1, 2013

old hotel, feels like doorm hallways, which need some up keep, but room was large ,clean and comfortable. Front desk and main dining room are very well kept. Staff was very friendly both in hotel and dining room. Walking the pool and outdoor seating areas was a great treat with the views of the lake and wildlife. If in the area would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert K, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
The Paramount Plaza is currently undergoing major renovations and it takes time for us to complete. We are currently renovating all our guest rooms and hallways, seems you must have been staying with us during our busy time in March when we had to stop all renovations so that we could accomidate our guest. April brings us some down time so we can complete renovations which include. New in room carpet and hall carpet, New Textured walls, lighting both in room and hallways, guest room bedding, case goods and new paint. Please contact me direct to book your next reservation at 352-377-4000

Liberty, Missouri
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I were visiting family and had no idea where to stay. I have never had such accommodating staff, they went way above and beyond the call of duty. I mostly was helped by Tracy Ryan who made us feel right at home. I would definitely recommend this place and if you need anything ask for Tracy and she will do her best to get it for you. Hopefully we can go back soon and we will be staying here again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
RKGM1, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Amber we want to say Thank you for your review. We take customer/guest service very serious at the Paramount Plaza Hotel and it shows when a guest mentions our staff by name like you did with Tracy Ryan, she is truly a great employee and we will make sure that she is aware of your comments. Again, thank you

Knoxville
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have stayed there each time we go to Gainesville to ride our bikes on the Gainesville-Hawthorne Trail. The hotel is older but the staff seem to work hard to keep it up. Very professional & friendly front desk, small but sufficient restaurant. The Starbucks inside the hotel served very watery coffee so I would not recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Robert K, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Sandy thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed it. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and nothing makes us happier is when a guest lets us know. We hope that when you return to the area that you will choose us again for your hotel needs. We will be done with all our renovations of our guest rooms and restaurant and bar by mid summer 2013. Please contact us direct to book the best savings.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed here during the week last week while i had some work to do at Shands Hospital. When I checked in Eric was very quick and helpful at the front desk. When I walked into my room I was pleasantly surprised with the room, It was very clean, smelled great and the King bed was super comfortable. While I was walking to the bar I stopped and talked to Dustin and asked him about my room and he informed me that i was in one of the newly renovated rooms and that about 50% of the hotel was done with the renovations. So for all the people saying the hotel is old and dated, Just hold tight and you'll all get a room just as good as mine. When I finally got down to the bar Allen ended up being my bartender and I can honestly say he made my bar experience 10x better.

I cant say anything bad about my stay at the Paramount, and I will with out a doubt use the 25% off TripAdvisor card that my housekeeper Keasha left in my room next time Im in town.

Room Tip: Get Happy Hour at the bar, Cheap food, and cheap drinks.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We would like to thank you for writing such a nice review and we are glad that you noticed all the improvements to the property. Renovatoins are not an overnight project and we thank you for understanding our mess. The Paramount Plaza prides itself on 100 guest satisfaction and when a guest mentions a staff member by name it shows we are doing our job. Eric, Dustin, Allen and Keasha will all be rewarded for your mention of them. If you are ever in the area again, please book direct with us to receive the best savings.