Wyndham Garden Gainesville
$90
$95
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$73
$109
$93
BestWestern.com
1,483 results
All reviewsparamount plazaview of the lakelakeside grillbreakfast buffetshands hospitalshuttle servicean older hotelfront desk staffmarceljoshalligatorsmossbanquetuniversityrateshousekeeperweekends
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I love this hotel, as my son and I stay here every 3 months for his check up at Shands. And I guess we have come to be somewhat spoiled by Excellent service in our 4trips in 2012. So I was a bit disappointed this trip with the staff at check in. One associate tied up with another couple, but I'd not even acknowledge us with a " I'll be with you in a moment". Just got a glance and she went back to the couple. Finally another associate came out and no mention of "I'm sorry, hope you haven't been waiting", just "have you been helped". Obviously not, since I was standing there with my son. The kicker is my key was coded for room but not to get into hotel. Thank goodness we were let in by another guest. Again, an attitude of indifference when we trekked back to front desk-no"we are so sorry"just "what room are you in?" this is not typical, maybe new associates.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
rob1302, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Ms. Robin I would like to apoligize for the poor service that you received at checkin and during your stay. You are right, we do have new associates at the front desk and are still training. I will make sure that I address all the issues with our team. I am the new manager of the Paramount Plaza Hotel and I take great pride and making sure that we meet every guest needs. We are making great changes to the property so that every guest stay is a memoriable one. I want to thank you for staying with us each and everytime that you come to Gainesville. When you return on your next trip to Gainesville I would like to offer you a free upgrade to one of our newly renovated deluxe rooms with a Lake View. Please contact me direct at 352-377-4000 ext 3420.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times over the years and this stay was no different than any other. The price, service and quality cant be beat anywhere in the area. Its a little farther off the interstate than other hotels but is easy to find and worth the trip if you want a relaxing stay at a nice quiet hotel. Its on a lake and its worth the extra charge to get a lakefront room if possible. I would recommend this hotel to anybody that wants a good place to stay in the Gainesville FL area.

Room Tip: Get lakefront if possible for maximum view and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Robert K, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

I would like to say " THANK YOU" for the great review. We are greatful that you chose to stay with us again. We are currently making great changes with the hotel, new guest rooms complete remodle with new flat screen t..v's, bedding, furniture and case goods. Our rooms with a view of Bivens Lake are wonderful. Each room has its own private balcony which makes each guest stay even better. We hope that when you are traveling to Gainesville again you will choose us again for your accomidations.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

but I wouldn't stay here again if you paid me! As I was waiting to get my room key, the front desk person answered the phone and told the caller, "No, we don't rent by the hour". That should have been the first clue! However, I went forward. The first room I was given smelled of smoke (this is a "100% smoke-free facility") so I asked to be moved. The second room didn't smell like smoke, but I so didn't feel safe here. I ended up staying for one night ($49.40 was way more than the room was worth), but my co-worker refused to stay. (Interestingly enough, when she went to the front desk and said "I just checked in..." the person at the front desk didn't even let her finish before he asked if she wanted a refund). I should have gone with her to another hotel!
Until they get rid of the mold, smell, dubious guests, etc., I will not return. Gainesville, you deserve better than this.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Abbysmemere

I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. It is Dishearting to hear that you had such an experiance with us. I can assure you that I have taken great messures to correct every issuse that you had while staying with us. The Paramount Plaza is currently under going renovations to our guest rooms and part of the process is becoming
100 % smoke free, I apoligize that you had a room that was smoked by a previous guest. Our property is large and sits on 7.5 acers of land the two buildings that have our guest rooms are interior corridor with automatic locking doors, we take guest safety very serious at the Paramount Plaza and rest assured we want you to feel safe. Our staff is very seasoned staff and have been with us for many years and to hear that a staff member would address a guest with such unsatisfactory service is not tolerable. We know that you have many choices for accomidations when visiting the Gainesville area and would like to extend an oppurtunity for you to experiance our true hospitality that we are know for at the Paramount Plaza Hotel. Based on all our great reviews on TripAdvisor you can see that when we have a bad review we address the issues immediatly with corrective action. If you are ever in the area again or would like to talk about your recent stay please contact me direct at 352-377-4000 ext 3420

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Very comfortable room included a mini refrigerator and microwave. Comfortable bed, plenty of towels and great wifi. Everything I needed at a great price. Staff was friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Robert K, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us such a rave review. Gainesville has many options for accomidations and the Paramount Plaza is honored that you chose us. If you are ever returning to the area please contact us direct and save. 352-377-4000

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had a very nice stay at the Paramount. No surprises, nothing to complain about. The room was plenty big, clean, and in good repair. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast buffet was excellent. It's not a 5 star NYC buffet, but for the price it was outstanding!
This was a last minute trip, I got the room through Hotwire which made the rate really good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

When visiting the Gainesville area we know that you have many choices as to accomidations a we are honored that you picked us. If you are ever back in the area again please contact us direct at 353-377-4000. Again, thank you for such kind words in your review.