This used to be a Sheraton, so the physical layout is good -- rooms are nicely sized. When I got ready for bed, I pulled the sheets back to check and discovered the sheets had small specks of matter on them. When I called to the desk, they asked what I'd prefer they do - and I suggested changing to clean sheets would be helpful. In about 15 minutes a hotel employee appeared and said he had the wrong sheets; he returned in another 15 minutes and handed me a bottom fitted sheet and left. I called the desk again to complain about the omission of a top sheet, and the clerk said it would be sent, but it never arrived. I made up a bed with that sheet and a blanket. My greatest concern was that the bed had bedbugs - but it did not appear to be the case.
In the AM, I discovered the in-room coffee maker had no carafe. When I got to the restaurant and Starbucks bar, I found there was a single employee -- who was on a room service call. After a 10 minute wait, I managed to buy a cup of coffee and muffin. Colleagues who attempted a hot breakfast waited considerably longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wyndham Garden Hotel and Conference Center stands out amongst the best accommodations in Gainesville, Florida. Bordered by the picturesque Bivens Arm Lake Nature Preserve, the hotel is Gainesville's only lakefront hotel, offering a taste of Florida the way it used to be. The Wyndham Garden Hotel & Conference Center offers full-service Gainesville hotel lodging at surprisingly affordable rates. The Wyndham Garden is ideally located only minutes from Gainesville's most important and popular attractions and venues, such as the University of Florida, the Butterfly Rain forest, Paynes Prairie State Park, the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, and Shands Teaching Hospital at The University of Florida. The hotel is a short drive North of historic Micanopy and antique shopping, and just a few miles from downtown Gainesville. Each of our 197 large NON-SMOKING, comfortable guest rooms and suites are designed to meet your Gainesville accommodation needs. Our guest rooms are larger than most hotels in the area, which leaves you with plenty of space to create your home away from home. In-room guest amenities include coffee makers, wireless Internet access, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Unwind on one of our comfortable pillow-top beds and catch up on your relaxation with remote controlled cable television. The Wyndham Garden offers free shuttle services from 7:30 a.M. To 5:30 p.M. Daily upon scheduling at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Wyndham Garden Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paramount Plaza Hotel Gainesville
- Paramount Plaza Hotel And Suites
- Paramount Gainesville
- Gainesville Paramount