1,531 results
All reviewsparamount plazaview of the lakebreakfast buffetshands hospitalshuttle servicean older hotelfront desk staffgreat customer servicedefinitely stay here againmarceljoshalligatorscampusbanquetrateshousekeeperweekends
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I have written other reviews on this hotel. It is now my go to place for the night on my many trips to South Florida. The price is excellent and so are the staff. I love that they have room service. Usually after a long drive and later at night I just want to relax,eat a decent mean and go to bed all in the same room. All the rooms I have stayed in are very clean and comfortable. Some have balconies some don't. The doors are rather old and you can see light through them so if you have loud people in the halls you would probably hear them. Never been a problem for me.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Favorite!! We all have our favorites, and we strive to make all of our guests be our favorites. I'm glad that we have exceeded your expectations once again and hope to continue to do so. Thank you for the great positive feedback. See you soon!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

The hotel is generally well looked after and the rooms were generously sized and the bed was comfortable, but we were unable to sleep well with the air conditioner whistling and had to be turned off, the next door radio alarm starting at 5.45 and people talking and laughing in the corridor outside from 7.00 a.m. The drain in the bathroom sink did not close off. The hotel is situated on several hills, making it somewhat difficult to get around for someone like me with walking problems. The staff were generally friendly and efficient (notably Kelly Lewis). Although I did not use it, the restaurant was universally panned by all that I spoke to who said that the food and service was unacceptable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank IanH792
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

My sincerest apologizes for the experience you had while at Paramount Plaza. We aim at providing 110% to all of our guests and it seems like we missed the mark with you. I appreciate noting that the air conditioner in your room was noisy and I have immediately taken action to replace that model. Thank you for commenting on our wonderful staff! While we are making improvements onto the building, we are always pleased to hear that our staff is helpful and courteous.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We arrived after midnight on Friday June 29, four children and three adults. Though we had advance reservations because of a very large 'event' the rooms with adequate provision for the children were not 'possible'. John was dealing with several things but he managed to stay cool and find rooms. John was on duty all night and in the morning when we needed further assistance he pleasantly heled.
I have never been treated so well, and I know he had to call police probably five times during the night (but not for us).
Hats off to your entire staff for still making this a pleasant stay.

Chris Farrell, Nashville, TN

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

John Longo is a perfect example of our experienced staff and I appreciate you noticing! Many times visitors come to the hotel after a long day of traveling, which can be stressful! We train all of our staff to try to be cool, calm, collected and courteous to each one of our guests needs. Thank you for choosing Paramount for your travel needs and I hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Hotel is okay, but needs some TLC. Large room, with 2 queens (a big plus), and fairly clean. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for staying with us! We are currently working to make rennovations and improvements to the property. We have our TLC-Team working in full force! Please come back and see us soon. Kind Regards!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I was just passing through Gainesville and stayed here. I thought it was a cool place, had a nice pool. The staff was nice. Jason at the front desk helped me out and told me about their in house restaurant. I liked it. Overall, it was a decent stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Hi Tim! Thank you for your feedback. Jason is one of our largest assets and we appreciate your kind words regarding his service. I hope you enjoyed your stay and will come back soon!