“One night Stop over”
Review of Econo Lodge West

Econo Lodge West
Ranked #36 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are okay. They are not fancy. The room had a microwave and refrigerator. The room needed a good cleaning. The bathtub didn't drain, the towel rack was falling off the wall. We did notify the management. Breakfast was generic and there wasn't a lot of room to move or eat in.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had a hard time finding a room for this past weekend in Gainesville because I heard may have been parents' weekend at UF. I made my reservation here before I read the horrible reviews but didn't have much choice. I'm spoiled and like luxury but this motel wasn't so bad. The room was not luxurious (dated furnishings) but it was clean and the AC, shower, TV, and plumbing worked fine. We couldn't connect to the WiFi but the room came with a microwave and refrigerator, which was helpful. Breakfast was better than a continental breakfast, with a make your own waffle machine, cereal, bagels, and donuts. The staff and other guests were very nice.

Room Tip: We were upstairs on the end and weren't disturbed by any noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2013

It was a game weekend and most other properities were booked. I ended up here. Oh my...no way is this even a two star motel. I will have to say the A/C and TV worked. That's about the only positive I can give the place.

I brought my own sheets, blanket and pillows after reading reviews on line and so glad I did. The box springs had stains, the sheets were so thin they were like paper and the bedspreads were from the 1970's. The shower barely worked and the tub look liked at one time it had slip strips and were pulled off leaving a bare surface.

Forgot to mention there were dead bugs on the window sill. My husband said just close the drapes and forget about them.

The coffee pot didn't worked properly - coffee didn't drip into the pot - stayed in the filter basket. The offered "breakfast". l guess you can call it that. They had three bagels, no juice, some cereal and waffles. It was served in a small room off the "lobby" with plastic chairs and one table.

The security guard (lock) on the door was broken - I put a chair with a suitcase on it when we went to sleep.

Next time I'll stay at my son's apartment with four male roommates. It has to be better than the Econo.

Live and learn (where not to stay)!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I traveled from Ohio to Florida to attend my grandmother’s funeral. I checked in at the Econo Lodge on 8/23/13 @ 12:53 pm and checked out on 8/23/13 @ 1:34pm. I had reserved (2) rooms. When I went into the rooms they were filthy. The shower curtain was stained, paint peeling from the tub, and black rings around the toilet. When I asked the housekeeper to change the shower curtain she said she could wash the one that was hanging in the bathroom. If that was the case why wasn't that already done? I also had bites on my arms from being in those rooms. There was no way I could stay in there with my 4 week old granddaughter. I left a message at the front desk to have the manager call me upon checkout. I called the hotel again on Monday August 26 when I noticed there was a charge on my credit card for $78.22 and was told that the manager would give me a call back shortly. I didn't receive a call from the manager until Wednesday evening August 28th. The manager stated the charges were because we had used the bathrooms however the rooms were too filthy to even use. I will never again stay at this Econo Lodge. It's not fit for a dog to sleep in and the staff were very unprofessional and doesn't care about their guest at all. As for the rooms I'm not sure why they are paying the housekeepers to clean the rooms because they look like they have not seen any type of disinfectant in years. The health department needs to come in and shut this hotel down! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone not even my worst enemy!

Room Tip: If you would like a great experience do not book a room here
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were leaving Gainesville after going out of our way to stop and have dinner. We had been travelling for 9 hours. There were many hotel/motels at this interchange. My husband picked this one because we wouldn't have to re cross 75th St. Mistake. Our room was on the first floor on the end. There was a 2 inch gap when you closed the door at the bottom. Room for lots of things to come in. Room looked clean, but ragged. Frig didn't work and I don't know if Microwave did. The pool looked nice from our room. Husband said Breakfast was a joke. I left my night gown in the bathroom, but called them when we arrived home. NO WAY WOULD THEY MAIL IT TO ME. I would have to come back and retrieve it. I requested that they charge my credit card for the mailing charges. NO, THEY HAVEN'T DONE THAT IN 9 YEARS SHE HAD WORKED THERE. I requested that they keep it for me and I would be driving that way in August. She said that they would IF the Maid turned it in to the office.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My family and I booked at this hotel for Thanksgiving holiday because of the convinence of excess to the Interstate 75 and the shopping mall.Our room was very clean and comfortable and surprisingly the aminities were great. We stayed here for three days and enjoyed the free WIFI as well as the hot waffles at the free continental breakfast. We are planning another trip to Gainesville for the Gator Nationals and are definatly booking at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Yogesh_S_12394
Reviewed October 30, 2012

It was a big football weekend and they jacked up the prices so much when the hotel is suppose to be a reasonable hotel, but I went ahead and booked it since most of the hotels were booked already. What a mistake that was. The bathroom was disgusting it had little dead roaches inside the bathtub. There was a blood stain on the wall near the tub, we spent 2 days there and it was never cleaned. The borders that were tiles were also dirty and stained. The pillow cases were smaller than the pillows and the bed sheets had holes on them. I took pictures & I complained at the front desk they took the information and said that the manager would call us. It's been two weeks and the manager Mr. Doshi has not had the courtesy to call us back. I am extremely upset because this has never happened to us before in ANY hotel. I have left a few messages but that doesn't seem to bother them. I don't recommend this hotel to ANYONE!

Room Tip: Rooms need to be checked
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple