“Great food, service was OK.”
Review of Reggae Shack Cafe

Reggae Shack Cafe
Ranked #28 of 594 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Parking In The Back
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Been here before and the food was good as always. The jerk sauce is very distinctive and spicy. The service was a bit mediocre, the server didn't give it the extra effort that she should have. Would still go back.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

OK, the food here is OUTSTANDING! The spicy jerk chicken is SPICY but really, really good. Falls apart, makes you sweat and cry but you just can't stop eating it.

The other food is good too but the jerk chicken is really outstanding.

Not so good if you are trying for romantic - ambiance is very cafeteria like but I'll sacrifice ambiance any day for good food :-).

Oh, but our waiter was FABULOUS. Working student who took time to chat and tell us about himself when things had died down a bit.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Whenever I crave ox tail stew or curry goat, I come here. The food is delicious and full of flavor, but be careful, some of the dishes are spicy! I love bringing friends from out of town here. Friendly service.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

First time going for my daughter & I, and we loved the food, atmosphere & waitress!!! Wonderful flavorful food, def going back!!!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I love this place. The food is so fresh and delicious. If you're into spice order the jerk chicken. My husband loves it and gets it extra spicey... which is not a good idea for most. I love the escoviech tofu. It's very flavorful and just a tad spicey. Don't forget the vegan coconut mango smoothy to kill the spice in your mouth. I love the food and always have leftovers.