“Great taste of Jamaica”

Description: Parking In The Back
Miami
“Great taste of Jamaica”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Very fresh and tasty food. Nice variety of choices on the menu. Tried the oxtail which was excellent, served with rice and peas (red beans) fried plantains and sautéed cabbage which was seasoned to perfection. The jerk chicken was really spicy (not for faint hearted) but was very, very good. The jerk chicken was really spicy (not for faint hearted) but was very, very good.

1 Thank denitrip

Miami
“Great Jamaican food”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Very fresh and tasty food. Nice variety of choices on the menu. Tried the oxtail which was excellent, served with rice and peas (red beans) fried plantains and sautéed cabbage which was seasoned to perfection. The jerk chicken was really spicy (not for faint hearted) but was very, very good. The desserts are delicious. We tried the coconut cake and the dulce de leche festivals with ice cream. Good atmosphere, music, and great friendly service all around a must while in Gainesville.

1 Thank denitrip
Gainesville, Florida
“Awesome People and Decent Food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Like everyone else has mentioned, the food takes a while to cook but the waitresses were very attentive. It is kept quite clean which always makes me feel better. I can't complain about the food, although it is pricier than I would have expected. The portions are a decent size.

“Fun place!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Great, attentive service, excellent food and love the vegan options. This is a fun place to eat just off campus. S

• Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've eaten here once before a long time ago and I remembered how good it was. This time I brought my mom because I knew she would love it. We were both 100% satisfied with the food. It was cooked and seasoned to perfection. I got the brown stew fish and my mom got a shrimp dish. It did take a long time for the food to come out but it was smoking hot when it was finally brought to the table. Nearly every menu option looked like something I would try. We went for a late lunch and were seated right away. The place isn't all that big so I can imagine there would be a long wait time during busier hours. Also, because it's so small it can get really loud. All of the staff were very friendly. For some reason it seemed extra smokey in there and it bothered my eyes. They eventually had to open the door which helped a little. They are a little expensive. We spent around $30. It was very good though and I will be going back for sure. You should check out the menu online before brining a child. There was a kid seated in the table next to ours and his mom had to put a lot of effort into making him eat. I don't know if it was the food or if he was just not hungry.

• Visited June 2013