“Worth the wait”

Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Parking In The Back
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've eaten here once before a long time ago and I remembered how good it was. This time I brought my mom because I knew she would love it. We were both 100% satisfied with the food. It was cooked and seasoned to perfection. I got the brown stew fish and my mom got a shrimp dish. It did take a long time for the food to come out but it was smoking hot when it was finally brought to the table. Nearly every menu option looked like something I would try. We went for a late lunch and were seated right away. The place isn't all that big so I can imagine there would be a long wait time during busier hours. Also, because it's so small it can get really loud. All of the staff were very friendly. For some reason it seemed extra smokey in there and it bothered my eyes. They eventually had to open the door which helped a little. They are a little expensive. We spent around $30. It was very good though and I will be going back for sure. You should check out the menu online before brining a child. There was a kid seated in the table next to ours and his mom had to put a lot of effort into making him eat. I don't know if it was the food or if he was just not hungry.

1  Thank Erykah56

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This place takes forever to cook your food but they do it right. Brown stew chicken is a popular item but my favorite is callaloo and saltfish. Its kind of expensive, but you wont leave hungry.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Food was great, I just ordered a random dish and it tasted pretty good. However it took almost an hour or so to get our food and then it took longer to get out check. It was an ok experience.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This place has a menu for just about everyone, from vegan to hearty carnivore. The spicy dishes are not overly hot, but have plenty of spicy pepper flavor, this is comfort food served with a smile. The only drawback is parking is a little scarce during busy times of the day, we parked across University in the Sante Fe lot and walked over for our last lunch visit.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Food's great but the live music is so loud the waiter, and anyone else at your table, can't hear you even when you're shouting! Which is a pity, since the band is really good. So our policy is we avoid it when there's live music :-)