“Most excellent Caribbean food.”
Review of Reggae Shack Cafe

Reggae Shack Cafe
Ranked #23 of 577 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Parking In The Back
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“Most excellent Caribbean food.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had lunch with a friend at the Reggae Shack again last week. The service was fabulous and the food was the best Caribbean food I have had North of Jamaica. The Jerk Pork, plantains and cabbage were unbelievably good. This is a regular stop on every trip to Gainesville.

• Visited January 2013

“Delish!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The curry and vegan steak were delish! First time and definitely not the last. The service was great and not too long a wait for take out.

New Jersey
“If you are hungry and somewhere closeby, this is an option but definitely not my flavor”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The oxtail curry was tasty but chicken curry wasn't. Chicken Curry was flooded with turmeric. Cabbage only for sides? not my pick and rice isnt tasty either. If your taste buds go well with very spicy food, you may try this place for Carribean Cuisine.

Gainesville, Florida, United States
“Horrible service!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

It was the worst service I've ever experienced. My waitress completely forgot that I was there.. After 40 minutes I wondered why my food is still not ready.. she replied SOMEBODY TOLD HER THAT I HAD LEFT. I kid you not..

2 Thank Elliott N
Wesley Chapel, Florida
“Amazing!!! Vegetarian's Dream!!!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Thoroughly impressed with their selection of vegetarian items. Everything from sandwiches to curry platters. A little spicy, but sooooooooo good! My husband and I live in Jacksonville (1.5 hrs away) but we will definitely be back soon to try some other dishes.