“Very Good Food & Service, a little noisy and smokey!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Reggae Shack Cafe

Reggae Shack Cafe
Ranked #18 of 567 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Description: PARKING IN THE BACK
Jacksonville, Florida
“Very Good Food & Service, a little noisy and smokey!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I visited the Shack for lunch on a weekday, it was packed. Server was friendly and efficient, I asked a couple of questions and decided on the oxtail, but asked for a sample of the curry goat.
The oxtail was very good, and so was the sample of curry goat. The smoke was from the kitchen and not smokers, but my wife asked where I went for lunch since my clothes reeked. Also, since I was alone and just reading some papers, it seemed the chatter was quite loud from the rest of the diners in the room, maybe some acoustic treatments on the wall would tone down the overall noise levels.

• Visited September 2012

Gainesville, Florida
“First visit and it won't be the last”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Went for late lunch on a work day with group of friends to try it out. We ordered the oxtail, curried goat and fried breadfruit. Food was great, lots of flavor and generous portions. Friendly and helpful service. We will definitely come back again.

• Visited October 2012
Gainesville, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great vegan/vegetarian options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

They have a great selection of vegan and vegetarian options that don't skimp on flavor. I strongly recommend eating here!

Visited September 2012
Munich, Germany
“A enjoyable evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

It's too bad that we were only one night in Gainesville. The food was delicious and our server was very cute.
I'm afraid our next visit is not too soon - because the distance of almost 5000 miles.

• Visited August 2012
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Yummy!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had lunch at the Reggae Shack Cafe on a Saturday afternoon. It was very busy and they didn't have enough servers for the number of patrons, but the service was still pretty good and the food was great. Huge portions -- I suggest sharing a meal.

Visited August 2012