“Nicest BW I've seen”

Best Western Gateway Grand
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business for two nights, I normally stay far away from the Best Western brand after several bad experiences. The company booked the rooms so I was stuck. To my surprise, this was a pretty nice Best Western! The accommodations aren't anything out of the ordinary but the hotel is clean, rooms are a good size, and the price was affordable.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have never checked in at a hotel where the flimsy bed linens were so wrinkled they looked used. When we called for the housekeeping supervisor to stop in, she said that was the way they all looked. The blanket was ratty, the carpeting was filthy, and the mattresses were old and impossible to sleep on unless you enjoyed bouncing up and down all night long. We were there for a wedding or we would have checked out and stayed somewhere else for the remaining night. No more stays at Best Western for us!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was here for two nights last weekend. The guy who picked me up at the airport previously had been to the hotel a couple of times and managed to drive right by the turnoff south of I-75; there is a sign on the other side of the street but none at the turnoff from the Interstate, which is odd, to be polite. The hotel sits at the end of a dead end street. The facility itself is not bad, with a Spanish Hacienda motif and a nice pool. The rooms are large and comfortable and somewhat nicer than most BW properties. There is an attached restaurant but it is open only after 5 pm. Breakfast is included (so-so) but if you want lunch good luck, although there is a nice seafood pub (yes, pub) about 1/4 mile away - a long hot, humid walk if you have no car. The hotel was reasonably priced and the staff were pleasant.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Oberst06
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We found this bargain in one of the books we picked up at the rest area and got a double room for only $65 + taxes. I should have gotten the king special for $75 + taxes, but knew I was only going to be there for about a 5 hour cap nap then I'd be hitting the road Again so I was trying to save some $. The double beds were small & short so I didn't sleep as well as I could have. The shower was great, a big shower head and up high, good hot water. The free breakfast was very good, the best waffles my husband has made in a hotel ever. Everyone was super friendly, if passing through we'd stay again for sure!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel overnight on our way to Destin. It was within easy reach of Orlando airport and very easy to find just off the i75. The staff were very friendly on arrival and the king room was very spacious and the bed really comfortable. Unfortunately we weren't there long enough to try out the pool area etc but it looked very nice with a lovely decked area.
The breakfast in the morning was quite adequate with plenty of choice and set out on a nice area.
Nothing to complain about on this occasion and would certainly use it again and recommend
it for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed at the BW on May 31, 2013. We picked this hotel room becuase it was pet friendly, and had the free breakfast. The hotel room was very large, relaxing and super clean. The pool and hot tub was incredible, with a very resort like feel to it. The gazeebo's were a really nice touch. The very nice continental breakfast was also excellent, and the staff were wonderful. (would have been nice to have more of a seating area, even though it was a very large breakfast room, there was not quite enough seats for everyone, so we sat out at the pool deck)
We did take a tour of the presidential suite and it was gorgous!! I would definetly like to stay in there.
We also dined at the Grill and the staff there were very friendly, the food was great!
We were visiting from Michigan and have family in Floriday and we will be planning on staying at the BW in Gainesville from now on!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adis w
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

wonderful stay, nicest place to stay in gville area, pool was like being at a resort, restaurant/ room svc was excellent (one of best burgers ever had) staff is nice and professional, breakfast area very nice, will be back

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank GaFlaGirl
Travelers also viewed these Gainesville hotels
Comfort Inn University
Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville
#14 of 47 in Gainesville

Been to Best Western Gateway Grand? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Gateway Grand

Address: 4200 NW 97th Blvd, Gainesville, FL 32606-3742
Location: United States > Florida > Gainesville
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Green Hotel in Gainesville
#3 Romantic Hotel in Gainesville
#4 Family Hotel in Gainesville
#7 Business Hotel in Gainesville
Price Range: $95 - $294 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Best Western Gateway Grand 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Gateway Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Gateway Grand Hotel Gainesville