“Not Bad If You Can Find It”

Best Western Gateway Grand
Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sewickley, PA
“Not Bad If You Can Find It”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I was here for two nights last weekend. The guy who picked me up at the airport previously had been to the hotel a couple of times and managed to drive right by the turnoff south of I-75; there is a sign on the other side of the street but none at the turnoff from the Interstate, which is odd, to be polite. The hotel sits at the end of a dead end street. The facility itself is not bad, with a Spanish Hacienda motif and a nice pool. The rooms are large and comfortable and somewhat nicer than most BW properties. There is an attached restaurant but it is open only after 5 pm. Breakfast is included (so-so) but if you want lunch good luck, although there is a nice seafood pub (yes, pub) about 1/4 mile away - a long hot, humid walk if you have no car. The hotel was reasonably priced and the staff were pleasant.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Oberst06

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Enterprise, Alabama
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We found this bargain in one of the books we picked up at the rest area and got a double room for only $65 + taxes. I should have gotten the king special for $75 + taxes, but knew I was only going to be there for about a 5 hour cap nap then I'd be hitting the road Again so I was trying to save some $. The double beds were small & short so I didn't sleep as well as I could have. The shower was great, a big shower head and up high, good hot water. The free breakfast was very good, the best waffles my husband has made in a hotel ever. Everyone was super friendly, if passing through we'd stay again for sure!

• Stayed June 2013
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel overnight on our way to Destin. It was within easy reach of Orlando airport and very easy to find just off the i75. The staff were very friendly on arrival and the king room was very spacious and the bed really comfortable. Unfortunately we weren't there long enough to try out the pool area etc but it looked very nice with a lovely decked area.
The breakfast in the morning was quite adequate with plenty of choice and set out on a nice area.
Nothing to complain about on this occasion and would certainly use it again and recommend
it for an overnight stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, Michigan
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed at the BW on May 31, 2013. We picked this hotel room becuase it was pet friendly, and had the free breakfast. The hotel room was very large, relaxing and super clean. The pool and hot tub was incredible, with a very resort like feel to it. The gazeebo's were a really nice touch. The very nice continental breakfast was also excellent, and the staff were wonderful. (would have been nice to have more of a seating area, even though it was a very large breakfast room, there was not quite enough seats for everyone, so we sat out at the pool deck)
We did take a tour of the presidential suite and it was gorgous!! I would definetly like to stay in there.
We also dined at the Grill and the staff there were very friendly, the food was great!
We were visiting from Michigan and have family in Floriday and we will be planning on staying at the BW in Gainesville from now on!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank adis w
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

wonderful stay, nicest place to stay in gville area, pool was like being at a resort, restaurant/ room svc was excellent (one of best burgers ever had) staff is nice and professional, breakfast area very nice, will be back

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank GaFlaGirl
Elmira, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We drove from Elmira, Ontario to Gainesville, Florida April 26 - 27, 2013. This overnight stay at Best Western was the best place to relax and enjoy ourselves. The Customer Service, Room Service, Pool, Hot Tub, elaborate Continental Breakfast that gave us a "Delighted Customer" experience. Clean, tidy and quiet rooms, included a mini-fridge, overwelming. Attached Resturant was a bonus with nice selection of food and drinks. Thanks

Room Tip: Ground Floor, close to pool
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joe K
Ron G, General Manager at Best Western Gateway Grand, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments! We strive to give that "Delighted Customer" experience. I'm very glad to hear we've succeeded and hope to see you on your next return trip to Florida. Ron.
Wisconsin
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I ended up staying here due to a flight cancellation and delta airlines paid for it. I was not expecting much but it exceeded my expectations. Free shuttle to/from the airport and free breakfast, super large room with king size bed and couch, microwave, refrigerator, I had a pool/hot tub view from my room and I utilized the hot tub at night. I also ate at the attached bar/restaurant and my meal was wonderful. 2 beers and a sit in the hot tub and I was relaxed. I thought my room and entire hotel and grounds were very clean. Staff was nice, although I didn't need much interaction with them. I have no complaints and I would surely stay again.

Room Tip: First floor right on a corner led me right out to the pool area ;)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your excellent comments. I'm glad the amenities of the hotel were able to relax you after a stressful delay at the airport. We hope to see you again if you're in Gainesville. Next time hopefully it will be under better circumstances. Have a great day. Ron.