“Exterior exceeds interior.”

Best Western Gateway Grand
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We got this room using priceline, and it was supposed to be a 3 star. The exterior looks like a 3 star, but that's about it. It was a clean place, but the rooms were older and more like a 2 star. They have a free breakfast, but if you want eggs or an omelet you have to pay $3 extra.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Auntjam
There are newer reviews for Best Western Gateway Grand

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Don't normally stay at Best Western hotels but this was a very pleasant surprise. Got a great corporate rate and quiet room poolside. Staff was awesome. Rooms are a little dated but clean and mattress was very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We stayed three nights here in January 2012. The hotel staff were exceptional, friendly and helpful. The deluxe room we had was well laid out and the only complaint was the AC was loud and you could not turn down the fan. Recommend. The restaurat Gators, was another story. Poor service, food was so-so.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights over Christmas with our Golden Retriever and found this to be one of the most pet friendly hotels we've stayed. Large area's to walk the dog, outside plastic bags to pick up after dogs, friendly staff who made you and your pet feel welcome. Will definitly stay there again should we be in Gainesville. Carpet in our room was old and could have been a bit cleaner but I think they have a section of the hotel that is for folks traveling with pets and upgrade non pet areas first. Anyway, if your traveling and have pets I would recommend the Best Western in Gainesville.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Upon check-in, I was welcomed with an impressive lobby (something that I was pleasantly suprised with and not expecting at a Best Western). The check-in process was very quick and yet ther was another surpise-iced cold lemonade and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Although I did not request it, I was given a handicap accessable room. My room size was adequate. It was equipped with a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. The air conditioner did make a very loud noise when it went on/off (nothing that I coud not deal with). The pool was very well kept. The complimentary breakfast was perfect for my needs-coffee and a yogurt. You could opt for an upgraded breakfast that also included an omelete. I did have the opportunity to eat at the restaurant. It reminded me of a collegiate pub with Gator memorabilia all around. (had a burger and fries and it was perfect.)
What I was most impressed with was the customer service. The hotel offers a complimentary airport shuttle service. Upon departure, my flight was at 5:20am. The shuttle driver was not due in to work until 6:00am. The front desk arranged for him to come in early in order to take me to the airport. I was extremely grateful.
As far as location, there are plenty of restaurants (chain-like and others) and strip malls around. I was attending a conference at the University of Florida, which was approximatley 15 minutes away, depending on traffic. I would definitely stay at this property again

Room Tip: My room wsa located opposite the I-75 highway side hence, there was no noise
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I pricelined this hotel for my family of 4. It's always a little risky with 4 people because Priceline doesn't gurantee beds for all 4 people. This was the case on Dec 26th. We arrived late and there were no doubles available. The manager however was very nice and said he would move another reservation around to find us a double room if the King room didn't work out. When we got to our room however the king room actually had a double bed in the sofa so we told him he did not have to move us. We only stayed for the night but it was very modern, worthy of a 3 star rating. Room was clean as well. They also have a complimentary hot breakfast buffet in the morning that include an omelet station, bacon, biscuits and gravy, donuts, fruit, juice, milk, etc...

Room Tip: King rooms also have extra bed in couch.
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I've stayed here a couple times, visiting my son at the University, the rooms are spacious and clean, the lounge has very reasonable drink prices, the breakfast is very plentiful with a great variety but the pool is awesome. Great place to hang out, w/family, have a drink by the heated, sparkling clean pool. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 1st floor, too much noise.