“Very Pet Friendly”

GreenLeadersBronze level
NC
“Very Pet Friendly”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights over Christmas with our Golden Retriever and found this to be one of the most pet friendly hotels we've stayed. Large area's to walk the dog, outside plastic bags to pick up after dogs, friendly staff who made you and your pet feel welcome. Will definitly stay there again should we be in Gainesville. Carpet in our room was old and could have been a bit cleaner but I think they have a section of the hotel that is for folks traveling with pets and upgrade non pet areas first. Anyway, if your traveling and have pets I would recommend the Best Western in Gainesville.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Upon check-in, I was welcomed with an impressive lobby (something that I was pleasantly suprised with and not expecting at a Best Western). The check-in process was very quick and yet ther was another surpise-iced cold lemonade and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Although I did not request it, I was given a handicap accessable room. My room size was adequate. It was equipped with a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. The air conditioner did make a very loud noise when it went on/off (nothing that I coud not deal with). The pool was very well kept. The complimentary breakfast was perfect for my needs-coffee and a yogurt. You could opt for an upgraded breakfast that also included an omelete. I did have the opportunity to eat at the restaurant. It reminded me of a collegiate pub with Gator memorabilia all around. (had a burger and fries and it was perfect.)
What I was most impressed with was the customer service. The hotel offers a complimentary airport shuttle service. Upon departure, my flight was at 5:20am. The shuttle driver was not due in to work until 6:00am. The front desk arranged for him to come in early in order to take me to the airport. I was extremely grateful.
As far as location, there are plenty of restaurants (chain-like and others) and strip malls around. I was attending a conference at the University of Florida, which was approximatley 15 minutes away, depending on traffic. I would definitely stay at this property again

Room Tip: My room wsa located opposite the I-75 highway side hence, there was no noise
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Collinsville, Illinois
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I pricelined this hotel for my family of 4. It's always a little risky with 4 people because Priceline doesn't gurantee beds for all 4 people. This was the case on Dec 26th. We arrived late and there were no doubles available. The manager however was very nice and said he would move another reservation around to find us a double room if the King room didn't work out. When we got to our room however the king room actually had a double bed in the sofa so we told him he did not have to move us. We only stayed for the night but it was very modern, worthy of a 3 star rating. Room was clean as well. They also have a complimentary hot breakfast buffet in the morning that include an omelet station, bacon, biscuits and gravy, donuts, fruit, juice, milk, etc...

Room Tip: King rooms also have extra bed in couch.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I've stayed here a couple times, visiting my son at the University, the rooms are spacious and clean, the lounge has very reasonable drink prices, the breakfast is very plentiful with a great variety but the pool is awesome. Great place to hang out, w/family, have a drink by the heated, sparkling clean pool. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 1st floor, too much noise.
Blairsville, Georgia
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This is a large hotel, with a nice pool deck in the back overlooking a natural savannah/marsh area. It's a block away from I-75 and across the street from a Harley Davidson dealership, but was relatively quiet - in the dead of night you can hear an occasional loud muffler on I-75, but no noise from the halls or other rooms. The breakfast buffet was standard - cold danish, krispy kreme donuts (Yum!), make-your-own waffles, cereals, juices, etc. You can also get a made-to-order omelet for $2. Rooms and common areas were very clean; the lobby was decorated for the holidays, complete with a little village set up in the middle - very pretty. Desk staff was friendly and eager to help.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing West - you'll be overlooking the pool and natural area beyond, and on the...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I have stayed at this Best Western many times and have always been impressed with the service. This is the first time I have held an event there. It went wAAAy beyond my expectaions. I had to plan the event from Ohio and right from the first phone call everyone was great. The catering department was superb and sales assisted with rooms graciously. The front desk is always so polite and helpful. The room for the event was prepared beautifully and the food was exceptional. I couldn't have aked for anything to be better. Thank you to the staff for making mny Father's 90th birthday party so special!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Staff very accommodating and willing to go out of their way to help. When I arrived my room was upgraded to a suite at the same price as the original reservation because of the amount of out of town guests staying at the hotel for a wedding.
The hotel is located out by itself and there are no restaurants within walking distance but the staff was happy to make calls to the local cab companies or have the jitney drop you off if it was on the way to the airport. They dropped me off at the nail shop!
Breakfast is very good. Great assortment of food and made to order egg omelets. Oh, almost forgot the waffles (You make them yourself).
My family is still taking about how friendly people are in Florida. Everyone was just so nice!

Room Tip: rooms on 3rd floor facing the pool are great.