“Just average place, great location”

Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille
Ranked #7 of 584 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Thank you for visiting Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille! A distinctively different menu, the food of Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille captures the essence of a city not only known worldwide as the birthplace of Jazz but also the birthplace of a unique style of cooking. We've taken the best of Cajun, Creole and Southern flavors infused with a current day twist to create some of our most popular dishes like Shrimp and Scallop Orleans, Grilled Chicken Baton Rouge, Crab Crusted Blackened Red Fish, Bourbon Street Salmon and French Quarter Beef Tenderloin to name a few.
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Harry's was once a really good place to eat with great food. The past 2 times we visited it was just average. We just like it for the ambiance and drinks. It has a nice little location but now other restaurants have moved in. Maybe time to try a new place. This is very pricey for average food.

There are newer reviews for Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I chose to eat at Harry's mostly based on location - it was right across the street from the Hampton Inn where I was staying.

The menu style of Harry's is very much geared toward Creole/Cajun, with heavy emphasis on seafood dishes. My service was very good, and my waitress was friendly and very attentive - I never had to ask for anything, and she freely offered menu suggestions. I'd like to emphasize that I don't eat seafood of any kind, so I can't judge the restaurant based on those offerings.

I ordered a mixed drink (Big E) which was really delicious! Nice tropical flavors and I couldn't really taste the alcohol - very well mixed. The fried pickles appetizer was also amazing. I love fried pickles and these were easily some of the best I've ever eaten. The ranch-based dipping sauce for them was likewise delicious. However, I cannot in good conscience recommend the entree I had (Red Beans with Rice). The rice was overcooked and mushy and there was something…off…about the taste of the beans. They tasted almost gritty/earthy and not really how most red beans taste. They had very little in the way of seasoning and so I would classify them as not prepared well. The entree also came out rather lukewarm and not good and hot.

Overall, I'm giving this restaurant a 3 based on the strength of the drink, appetizer, and service. If all I'd had to go on was the entree, it'd be a solid 2; the entree was a big disappointment. However, it may be that the seafood dishes are the stars of the show at Harry's - I'll never know.

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten at Harry's several times, and always enjoy the food. The mashed potatoes are so delicious that often times I'll order two servings of potatoes as my two sides!!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

portion sizes were nice, service was on point, food came out quickly and very hot, drinks were served fast and with a nice pour. all this happened even during a super busy dinner service. I am a chef and don't normally dine at chain restaurants but I was extremely impressed with the menu variety, quality and overall experience. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I had the bourbon salmon and it was very good. Add the cost of a soda and modest tip and the bill came to twenty five. Eat indoors. The city park is across the street and is full of vagrants. One bum asked for a hand out while we were eating on the sidewalk and would not go away. I never give handouts to reward bold begging. Menu is nearly all Cajun.

1  Thank I_Dot_The_I