“Good cajun food but pricey”

Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille
Ranked #5 of 599 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Thank you for visiting Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille! A distinctively different menu, the food of Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille captures the essence of a city not only known worldwide as the birthplace of Jazz but also the birthplace of a unique style of cooking. We've taken the best of Cajun, Creole and Southern flavors infused with a current day twist to create some of our most popular dishes like Shrimp and Scallop Orleans, Grilled Chicken Baton Rouge, Crab Crusted Blackened Red Fish, Bourbon Street Salmon and French Quarter Beef Tenderloin to name a few.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I had the bourbon salmon and it was very good. Add the cost of a soda and modest tip and the bill came to twenty five. Eat indoors. The city park is across the street and is full of vagrants. One bum asked for a hand out while we were eating on the sidewalk and would not go away. I never give handouts to reward bold begging. Menu is nearly all Cajun.

1  Thank I_Dot_The_I

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Food contained a lot of rice, Dishes very shallow , with the rice looked like a lot of food. Atmosphere, very noisy, Tables was meant to turn over fast. A relaxing meal is out of the question. Dose have outdoor seating,

1  Thank Anthony D
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Great food and service. I had the trio and the jambalaya was the best of the sampling. The Bloody Mary was quite good. They garnish the drink with a spicy green bean. The prices were reasonable which is always nice.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We dined here two of three nights we were in Gainesville. This restaurant is downtown, right across from the hotel we stayed at, the Hampton Inn. The first night in we were weary from a day of travel, and went here at the recommendation of the desk clerk at our hotel. We were welcomed at the door by staff, and promptly seated. My traveling companion was given a lunch menu by mistake. It wasn't until we were discussing options did we figure out we were looking at two different menus. We both settled on the Jambalaya. This dish was spicy, as it should be, and well appointed with shrimp, chicken and sausage. Basically, it was as I would have expected Jambalaya. Having had this dish in New Orleans, prepared by a 'church lady' from an old family recipe, the bar for me has been set high. This was very competent. Our server on that first night was a bit of a stump, with the enthusiasm of one. I'm not sure why you would constantly ask us if we'd like more water, when we keep draining our glasses. Just fill them up!
Based on the menu, we went back for our last night in the city. We started with a Calamari appetizer, and we well pleased when it arrived cooked in what looked like a light tempura batter. Definitely enough to share! I opted for a Tenderloin Scampi entree, my companion got the red fish. Ordered medium rare, my steak medallions arrived prepared to absolute perfection. It was a really great combination well presented. On this visit we had a different server, who was a great contrast to our first experience. He was very attentive and accommodating, but not overbearing. I tipped accordingly.
The atmosphere is relaxing and casual, just a good vibe in general, the food is solid, prices reasonable.

1  Thank Bob_5595_2013
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was our third visit over the past year. Every diner in our party was happy with their meal each time. Among us, we've had the Jambalaya, Shrimp & Grits, Pasta Chicken Louisianne, Crabcakes, Tilapia Shrimp Meuniére and the Bayou Grilled Shrimp (a few of these were purchased several visits). Service polite and prompt, nice atmosphere, great location. Wouldn't suggest it for kids, though.