“Very good food!”

Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille
Ranked #6 of 574 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Thank you for visiting Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille! A distinctively different menu, the food of Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille captures the essence of a city not only known worldwide as the birthplace of Jazz but also the birthplace of a unique style of cooking. We've taken the best of Cajun, Creole and Southern flavors infused with a current day twist to create some of our most popular dishes like Shrimp and Scallop Orleans, Grilled Chicken Baton Rouge, Crab Crusted Blackened Red Fish, Bourbon Street Salmon and French Quarter Beef Tenderloin to name a few.
Melrose, Florida
“Very good food!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We enjoyed Harry's after going to a play. We had been there before this time and have always enjoyed it. The "Harry's Chicken" was very tasty and well prepared. My husband had the red beans and rice. It was not the best he had ever had, but he did say it was very good and he'd have it again there. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely return.

• Visited August 2013

Gainesville FL
“Great place for cajun/creole cuisine”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Harry's, in "old" Gainesville, is a very good regional restaurant. Its New Orleans style cuisine offers interesting variations on meat and seafood entrees. I have eaten there several times and not been disappointed.

Visited June 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“Average”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I found a roach in our butter - they weren't too worried-.which bothered me a bit. We were regular customers too .

• Visited August 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Great atmosphere, good food, not too spicy”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Harry’s Seafood, Bar and Grill

Harry’s is a great place to bring friends or family for a good meal full of New Orleans flavor and spice, but not too much spice to keep you away, if you aren’t into that. The proportions are big and the prices are good; the food is fresh and full of flavor. My husband had the grilled salmon with red beans and rice and both were delicious. The oyster po’boy was so large we had to take some home. The shrimp tacos were loaded with sweet, fresh shrimp, and a house salad was huge enough to pass for a meal. The atmosphere is fun and the location is great for walking off the meal afterward.

• Visited July 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good food, not great”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Overall, rating the experience I had with Harry's was tough, because in the hour and half I was there, I saw the good, bad, and ugly.

The Good - My waitress was very attentive, and seemed to be eager to correct issues that arose immediately. I had ordered a pasta dish, and within 15 minutes had salmon come out to me. Then the second time the pasta dish came out with shrimp (I have shellfish allergies), which I advised the waitress when I originally placed the order.

The Bad - I went to eat around 8pm on a Friday night, and it was very busy. There was no wait to be seated, but the food(correct dish) took nearly one hour to get to me(3rd time being the charm).

The Ugly - There was a birthday party going on towards the back of the bar, and the patrons were disturbing everyone around them. If you are having dinner with a S/O, perhaps another time or day is better.

Visited July 2013