“New Orleans Style”

Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille
Ranked #6 of 574 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Thank you for visiting Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille! A distinctively different menu, the food of Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille captures the essence of a city not only known worldwide as the birthplace of Jazz but also the birthplace of a unique style of cooking. We've taken the best of Cajun, Creole and Southern flavors infused with a current day twist to create some of our most popular dishes like Shrimp and Scallop Orleans, Grilled Chicken Baton Rouge, Crab Crusted Blackened Red Fish, Bourbon Street Salmon and French Quarter Beef Tenderloin to name a few.
“New Orleans Style”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Love coming to Harry's -- great ambiance, reasonable prices. Make sure to check out their Shrimp and Grits -- I've had it with the fried grit cake -- super yum!

Visited November 2012

Ocala, Florida, United States
“New Orlean's Fine Food”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

took the whole photography club out to Harry's - New Orleans seafood at it's best. I stayed with my favorite Shrimp Etouffee which is always the best! Dishes ranged from the chicken breast sandwich, to many different styles of Gumbo - all reportedly great! Hot bread on the table with the garlic butter standard. Waitress "Julie" was fast, pleasant, cheerful - she did a fantastic job waiting on 12 of us!

Shady Hills, FL
“Awesome food & atmosphere”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

A fine, charming & enticing place to dine in Historical Downtown Gainesville, FL, across from the Hampton Inn & Suites and among the comings and goings of students and faculty of the University of Florida.
The food is sooooooo New Orleans--just as good-- and elegently presented by friendly servers.
I had the shrimp & crawfish etouffee served with the etouffee spicy sauce and a mound of rice. Will certainly eat at Harry's again whenever in Gainesville.

Ocala, Florida
“Seafood, creole style”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My favorite so far is the jambalaya. Not very spicy. Reasonably priced. Would definitely eat there again.

Visited November 2012
Gainesville, FL
“Pretty good, but I remember it being better”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

It's been about 4 years since I've been to Harry's. We went there yesterday for lunch. I had the crab cakes and they just were not as good as I remember...the crab just didn't have that sweet, fresh taste. Their sauce is wonderful and the 'Nola rice was very good but could have been warmer. I went with a large group and everyone seemed pretty pleased with their food overall. (the fried grit cakes were a big hit).

I guess I just remember it being better....or maybe b/c last time I went for dinner and their dinner menu has more of a variety (I loved their stuffed shrimp which is not on the lunch menu).
The waiter was slow, and missed more than a few opportunities when someone needed a refill or extra napkin or more butter for the bread, etc. He was very friendly and everything was correct.

But, downtown offers a lot of restaurant choices, so it will probably be another 4 years before I make another visit to Harry's....nothing about yesterday put it at the top of my list to return to before trying other downtown restaurants.