“College affordability”
Review of Burrito Brothers Taco Co. - CLOSED

Burrito Brothers Taco Co.
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
“College affordability”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Burrito bros is a great place to go because its inexpensive, great value, very similiar to chipotle.Its close to campus for all the students. I will def be back!!!

Gainesville, Florida
“Sorry, never did it for me”
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

I love burritos, and I know that this is a Gainesville landmark. But it always leaves me unsatisfied. Amongst my friends I am the minority opinion. But I'm not the only one. If you want a cool local place try it. If you want great Mexican/TexMex you don't have to go too far.

3 Thank jeffdude
jax
“a classic”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

If you are in Gainesville, you have to try this classic spot. I like the burrito...but in a bowl. The limeade is wonderful..really gets me sugared up for my classes!

Visited August 2012
Saint Charles, Illinois
“You come here for the Sauce!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Look, I went to University of Florida in the 80s and have been coming back every year for at least 1 football game (usually 2). Burrito Bros is a legend and has been around forever. Do they have the best food you will ever eat? No. Are their Tacos to die for? NO. Is their sauce heavenly? YES!! I read all these mixed review on Trip Advisor and laughed. The Mexican food here is better than any fast food place, hands down. Whatever you order the nice people will ask if you want extra sauce (it comes on the side). Always say yes. The red sauce is not spicy, it is just tasty. Poor the sauce on whatever you get and enjoy. My personal favorite is the simple beef burrito which I order with extra cheese, then I have the sauce in one hand and the burrito in the other--and enjoy each bite. This food is so good that I once was in Tampa on business and drove the 100 miles to Gainesville just to eat a burrito.

• Visited September 2012
Gainesville, Florida
“Flavored with tradition”
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via Local Picks

We always stopped at Burrito Brothers when we visited and now that we live in Gainesville it is still a regular standby. The menu is more varied than it was 30 years ago, but we like all the new burritos - especially the sweet potato and black bean - ask for the jicama slaw on it if they have it - yum!