“Now I know why everyone loves The Top!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Top

The Top
Ranked #3 of 567 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: the TOP / prepped daily / fresh & local ingredients / see you soon
Vero Beach, Florida
“Now I know why everyone loves The Top!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

First time visit last night. My son and I drove up to Gainesville to pick up our Airstream trailer. My son is a UF student and said," Let's see if we can get in The Top." The super-nice front desk guy said the wait was one hour. I asked if there was food service at the bar. He said yes, if we could find seats. We sat at the outside bar-- EXCELLENT attentive service from the bartender. Excellent food service-- I had the pork belly with kimchi fried rice-- my son had the mastadon burger.... We shared an appetizer of plantain chips. Super happy with everything all the way around!

“So full!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

I am so glad we decided on coming here for dinner!

Starting off there was a 45 minute wait to get in and just by walking in we could tell this place is obviously popular. They took our phone number so we would notified of when our table was ready through text. We walked around the area for a little while and our table was ready sooner than expected.

It was pretty crowded but everyone seemed to be in a really good mood- waiters included. Our waiter, Josh, was super friendly. He was very upbeat and seemed to enjoy his job.

I had a Caesar salad and my fiance had a burger with bacon and eggs. He really enjoyed his food and I did too. I did have to send my salad back initially due to a confusion with my dairy allergy, but they were happy to fix the problem and the new one came out just as fresh as the first. The chicken in my salad had such a great flavor and both of our meals were of a great portion size.

During our meal Josh checked up on us and let us know he was giving us a free desert because of the salad confusion. We definitely didn't expect that and really appreciated it! We ended up getting the vegan chocolate cake. Again, this was also a good sized portion and one of the best and richest cakes I've had in a restaurant.

My fiance and I both agreed mid-visit that we will be back!

1 Thank Maryann_B1
Portland, Oregon
“Overated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was visiting Gainsville for the first time and this place was recommended to me. Apparently, it is super popular and the wait was super long, so I decided to order something to go. Dissapointing.

When I come to the South, I expect and enjoy warmth, hospitality and naiveness. The dudes"here had a kind of "I am too cool for you attitude", which was a turn off for me. Really? Reality check, you live in Gainsville.

Ordered food to go:
*Had to wait 25' for my order
*Food was pretty average and boring. Meat oriented.
*Super crowded

Dessert was good, actually.

Gainesville, Florida
“Great Food But Bad Attitude”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had dinner at the Top on 7/11/14. I've been dining at the Top since it first opened. The food has always been excellent. However, the attitude of some of the employees has deteriorated to the point I don't care to dine there very often anymore. The young woman working the host stand on the evening of 7/11/14 was extremely rude to me when I approached to request a table. I went from looking forward to enjoying a nice meal with my family to being very upset at being treated so rudely. Believe me, there are good places to eat in Downtown Gainesville where the employees don't treat me like they are doing me a favor when I dine there. On the bright side, our waitress was was excellent and had an absolutely wonderful attitude.

portcharlotte
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Service spotty. Appetizers and entrees came out at same time. Waiter had to take our meals back. There was no room on our table for everything. Waiters all look grungy. But..food is very good. Lots of vegetarian and organic items.Good variety. Will return.

1 Thank JaneRig