“Fun & Hopping Place”
Review of The Top

The Top
Ranked #3 of 568 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: the TOP / prepped daily / fresh & local ingredients / see you soon
Micanopy, Florida, United States
“Fun & Hopping Place”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here a number of times, & the food is ALWAYS first rate. My favorite dish there is the fried tofu, but everything on the menu is tasty. Parking is the only hitch, & there is a little parking behind the restaurant, but we've never been lucky enough to snag a spot there. So, it's on street parking, or you can usually find a place around the Hippodrome & walk a few blocks. Highly recommend this place, & a great value too.

Visited January 2014

“Great food! Long wait.”
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

The good is amazing. Every time I go I try something new from the menu. The San Diego chicken is my favorite as of now. Good beer, top shelf liquor, unique environment.

Warning: When going to the top expect waiting for your food. It averages about an hour to receive your food from the moment you order it (I usually go on their busy days and peak hours). My advice go to the top with some friends have some drinks, talk, order an appetizer and explore their menu.

1 Thank Penquin024
Gainesville, Florida
“Rude seating staff, Incompetent Mangaement”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We came went to the Top to celebrate a friend's birthday, with a party of 10. Knowing it was busy, they gave us an hour wait time, which we happily passed at the bar with appetizers. After an hour and a half, we checked on our status and they told us it would be at least another 25 - 30 minutes. We waited, more frustrated. After 25 minutes, we asked again, and the only thing they offered us were two separate tables across the restaurant from each other. We ended up walking out after waiting for over 2 hours. We understood it was a busy night, but not only was the time estimation extremely off, but when we asked about the estimated time on being seated, they were EXTREMELY rude to us. Poor management and poor staff at the seating station - you should be able to properly estimate a time - not be an hour and a half off. We will not be returning, and we were all frequent customers.

• Visited January 2014
Gainesville, Florida
“The Top has hit the bottom”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

On several dining experiences I was quite pleased with The Top, I dined with friends before going to a show and enjoyed my experience and the unique ambiance. Then, I took my children and my husband, my three kids ordered a hamburger, after watching other tables receive their food, I expressed to my waiter that my children had no food, and even if ours was not ready to please serve the kids as they were hungry. The server did not seem to care, and after 45 minutes I asked to speak to a manager, at this point my 6 year old son was crying and starving, the managers response was to hold out, and it would be worth it. After an hour and a half wait, my kids had their burgers, the manager came around, did not offer apologies, did not ask us how the burgers were, did not seem to care at all about our experience, and offered no resolution to the length of wait time ( I am convinced the server forgot to give our order to the kitchen). Needless to say, the burgers were not even impressive, and my entire family has not ever returned as it has never escaped our mind, that we waited on a burger for that long, that I watched my kids have a horrible experience, and to make matters worse, the manager did not care in the least.

• Visited March 2013
Archer, Florida
“Always Delicious”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I love this restaurant. I have eaten here many a time. Always restaurant of choice for birthdays and special nights. Everything I have tried on the menu has been delicious.

Only thing I have noticed recently is the menu changed. They changed things, and removed some things which is disappointing because their menu is not that big to begin with. But like everyone says, great beer selection, lots of imports and local!
The fish and chips are to die for, closest thing to England that I have had.
The vegan spinach and broccoli Alfredo is AMAZING, let's hope it is still on the menu.

The vegan desserts are not great, I have a sweet tooth and they just aren't close enough to home for me.

Overall, it's good. The atmosphere is nice, soft lighting, very hipster, unique fixtures and art, just fun.

• Visited July 2013