“A Gainesville must-see”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: the TOP / prepped daily / fresh & local ingredients / see you soon
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good food, good drinks, interesting stuff all over the place. Plus, photo booth! Good for adults, couples, and groups.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is easily one of my top five restaurants in Gainesville. They have delicious burgers and sandwiches. Their pesto gnocchi is one of my favorite things in the world. It's hard for me to want to try anything else. I love their Caesar salad.
We've never had bad service, and have always had to wait at least 30 min for a table.

1  Thank jlfla
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great food menu + extensive local beer menu + kid friendly = excellent resto

Given that we were travelling with the kiddo and that we were taking out our kidless hosts for dinner the "family friendly" restaurants that we usually end up at weren't the best options. This place was great. Good food for the adults and decent for the kid too. The place was packed 10 minutes after it opened at 5pm which says a lot. Very varied menu with lots of southern-type cuisine and a lot of fusion. Interesting decor. Really enjoyed it and would go back should I ever find myself in Gainesville again.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Top is somewhere that everyone must go while visiting or living in Gainesville. The food is incredible. They have a dish for everyone. Vegan, vegetarian, or a meat-lover, they will have something for you. The burgers are delicious, no matter which you try. The black bean cakes and garlic and goat appetizers are also amazing! Of course, their salads are great too. Clearly, overall their food is incredible. They also have great drinks and drink specials. If the wait is too long, then dine at thebar. The bar staff is always friendly and eager to help you decipher through all the different types of beer they have on draft (40 or more types!) Defininitely a great place to go if you are looking for a good local place in Gainesville.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

What a great place for friends. Whether you are pre-gaming before heading downtown to the clubs, hanging out with friends all night, or just want to meet up for a drink or two, this is the place for you. Their drink selection is awesome. Especially for beer drinkers, such as myself, who enjoy the craft beers that have emerged over the years. The food is also superb. They have corn fritters that are to die for. It can be a little loud with everyone having such a great time, but it is worth it. My wife and I love hanging out at the Top together, but it's even better with our friends.