“Highest Recommendation!”
Review of Camellia Rose Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gainesville
Camellia Rose Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Gainesville B&B and Inns
Naples, FL
“Highest Recommendation!”
Reviewed January 11, 2009

I highly recommend staying at the Camellia Rose Inn! The beautiful and cozy rooms provide you with tranquility and privacy. The breakfasts are delicious! and there are many great restaurants very close in downtown Gainesville. The owners are extremely gracious. I will be staying here again!

Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank natja510

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Orlando, FL
Reviewed June 27, 2008

We recently had an extended stay (6 weeks) in the Gainesville area because my husband received a double lung transplant at Shands Hospital. Since we knew the stay would be stressful enough because of the medical situation, we wanted to have a "home away from home" to make it as normal as possible. We found that and more at the Camellia Rose Inn. The proprietors, Tom and Pat, went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and private.

The Hodges efficiency with BR, LR, DR and kitchenette gave us room to allow my husband a place to recover after leaving the hospital while I used the dining room to set up my computer to work remotely after he left the hospital (thank goodness for the wireless access). The decor and furnishings are stylized to fit the 100-year old house with gorgeous original hardwood floors and trinkets all around. The 6-foot windows in each room make it light and airy and they thankfully modernized the bathroom to include a floor level step-in full length shower with really fluffy towels. The sheets on the wrought iron queen bed were always crisp and clean with a fresh air aroma about them and the room contains a wicker sofa and chair for lounging. The trundle bed in the LR folded out to accommodate 2 more people, so I slept there to allow my husband undisturbed nights, but it also provided lounging for watching TV during the day. An added benefit was 4 built-in-wall book shelves filled with books, both old and new, and games to occupy us during our long stay.

The main house next door, which is the Inn where the single rooms are (also gorgeously furnished with antiques, lace and old time furnishings), was available to us for breakfast and nightly wine and cheese. Pat's bannana bread , blueberry french toast and quiches, served with fresh fruit and some of the best coffee I've ever had, were delightful. And my husband's favorite recovery place was sitting in the rocking chairs and wicker sofas on the porch on the front of the house.

Pat and Tom welcomed us as if we were family; they went out of their way to help us because of our long stay but gave us the privacy we needed to foster his recovery. It's a beautiful, tranquil, and homey place, one we will visit again and again as we must return for monthly checkups. I highly recommend this Inn to anyone looking for a quiet, peaceful weekend getaway or anyone that needs a home away from home for a longer stay.

• Liked — Decor, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suitnop
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2008

I called the Camilla Rose on very short notice, fortunately, Pat & Tom were able to accomodate us. The Inn is absolutely beautiful! I was overjoyed at the cleanliness, every surface was spotless. Breakfast, lovingly prepared by Pat, was better than any restaurant breakfast I have ever had. She asked about any dietary resrictions (I am a vegetarian), and provided plenty of delicious & substantial options. The entire experience was flawless, and I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone. My husband was hoping Pat & Tom might adopt him. We will never stay anywhere else in Gainesville, (we travel there rather often).

• Liked — Friendliness of owners, cleanliness, BREAKFAST!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank TrinityInfinity
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 11, 2008

Absolutely loved this inn!!!! We booked a weekend for a much needed getaway stay in Gainesville . We stayed in the southern charm room , beautiful with an extremely comfy bed ! Pat serves an extraordinary breakfast , which was more food than an average person eats for breakfast, fresh fruit , banana bread and yummy eggs with cheese packed int a buttery croissant , also she's a great cook ! Gainesville is a sleepy quiet town for a great de-stress weekend.The b and b has beautiful furnishings and gardens and in the summer heat the inn is a cool and comfy retreat!! We had some delicious food while visitng , but Pat referred us to our favorite Dragonfly sushi restaurant , which I can honestly say the best sushi we've eaten and we've eaten alot of sushi!!!
We will try to return for another visit later this year !! Thanks again!!!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank stfflngr
Bokeelia, Florida
Reviewed February 1, 2008

I have stayed in this charming B & B a few times now, experiencing both the main Inn with delicious breakfasts, inviting fireplaces and caring and hospitable hosts.

These last three stays I opted for the Hodges small apartment in another Victorian building on the property. Here I had my own bedroom, bath, living room, kitchen and a charming dining area in the rotunda where I could conduct business with 1 or 2 clients in a peaceful, private and charming setting.

Although I was not paying for breakfasts as part of my package, many evenings found me returning from the office to find my hostess Pat McCann had left something delicious in my small refrigerator. This is typical of Pat and her husband Tom, who define the experience of hosptality. I cannot say enough good things about the Camelia Rose Inn. Come to Gainesville for more than football. It is a great Florida escape and this lodging will exceed your expectations.

• Liked — everything, but free internet access another plus
  • Disliked — too short a stay
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
4 Thank Lainimac
florida
Reviewed October 18, 2007

The Camellia Rose Inn is perfect blend of elegance and comfort. I loved every minute of my stay there. The room was peaceful, comfortable and exceptionally clean. The innkeepers were just delightful, full of pleasant conversation and helpful information. The breakfast was amazing. I plan to stay there every time I am in the Gainesville area.

• Liked — beautiful, peaceful, relaxing, comfortable. good location for fun things to see
  • Disliked — na
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends