“Comfortable and friendly.”
Review of Camellia Rose Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gainesville
Camellia Rose Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Gainesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I enjoyed meeting other travelers at the wine and cheese hour and at breakfast. The food was superb, the bed comfortable and the house immaculate. Pat and Tom were welcoming hosts and I felt right at home. I'll definitely stay here again when I return to Gainesville.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was my second stay at the Camellia Rose Inn, and it was as good as the first. Pat is a marvelous hostess: considerate, courteous, and helpful. I felt relaxed, safe, and at home. I very much appreciate the beautifully decorated period common rooms, the spacious and inviting porches with a burbling fountain in the front garden, my elegant yet comfy Victorian bedroom, and the delicious and varied breakfasts. I also appreciated the beverages and snacks always available in the dining room and the wake-up coffee to be found in the dining room as early as 6AM. My previous stay was with my husband, so I can recommend it for couples, but I would also like to say that since I was alone on this trip, I felt very safe and comfortable as a woman traveling alone. I highly recommend the Camellia Rose Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We would not stay any place else when visiting Gainesville. Pat & Tom, the inn keepers, are very friendly. They try to meet all our needs. The food is excellent. The little extra touches of wine available at night along with nuts and brownies and refrigerator with bottled water and soda is so nice. It is within walking distance to excellent restaurants and the neighborhood is very safe.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We loved our stay at Camellia Rose. It was the nicest B&B we've stayed in - and we've stayed in quite a few. We chose the Lady Clare room, which was perfect for our needs. I loved the elegant bed in the room, and the sheets were divine! I've never felt so comfortable. We later learned that Pat irons all of the sheets before they go on the bed; no wonder they are so comfortable and smooth! It's the little things, like that, that really go the extra mile. Pat also was amenable to our dietary restrictions and provided hearty breakfasts all weekend. The location was great. Not in the thick of things but not too far away either. It provided the perfect respite. If we've ever in Florida again, this will be our spot!

Room Tip: The Lady Clare Room is near the garden and handicap accessible!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at the Camellia Rose Inn in October just when the leaves were beginning to change color. The Camellia Rose is a perfect blend of the old and the new. The beautifully restored home was located in the historic area near the downtown section. The interior was filled with lovingly chosen antiques. Our room even had the original fireplace. Each evening the Inn-keepers Pat and Tom McCants supplied their guests with wine and cheese in the lounge, It was a perfect chance to relax and meet the other guests, The morning breakfast was sumptious and Pat took the opportunity to explain a bit of the history of the house and the area. We will definitely return to this lovely Inn when we are in Gainsville,

Room Tip: Our room had a fireplace
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

What a lovely B&B. Great location, a quick walk to downtown where there are excellent restaurants - don't miss Dragonfly! This B&B is beautifully remodeled to its original state. The owners are very friendly. Stay here if you can; I know we will for every visit to Gator Country.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a lovely stay in the Lady Clare room downstairs. The room was beautifully appointed, very comfortable bed, super soft towels and a great shower. Pat and Tom were very wonderful and our breakfast was absolutely delicious! Would definitely stay here again if I go to Gainesville. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: The Lady Clare room is downstairs and the shower is quite large and roll-in (no lip to the floor) so...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple