“Beautiful, Comfortable, Serene”
Review of Camellia Rose Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gainesville
Camellia Rose Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Gainesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We loved our stay at Camellia Rose. It was the nicest B&B we've stayed in - and we've stayed in quite a few. We chose the Lady Clare room, which was perfect for our needs. I loved the elegant bed in the room, and the sheets were divine! I've never felt so comfortable. We later learned that Pat irons all of the sheets before they go on the bed; no wonder they are so comfortable and smooth! It's the little things, like that, that really go the extra mile. Pat also was amenable to our dietary restrictions and provided hearty breakfasts all weekend. The location was great. Not in the thick of things but not too far away either. It provided the perfect respite. If we've ever in Florida again, this will be our spot!

Room Tip: The Lady Clare Room is near the garden and handicap accessible!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Camellia Rose Inn

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at the Camellia Rose Inn in October just when the leaves were beginning to change color. The Camellia Rose is a perfect blend of the old and the new. The beautifully restored home was located in the historic area near the downtown section. The interior was filled with lovingly chosen antiques. Our room even had the original fireplace. Each evening the Inn-keepers Pat and Tom McCants supplied their guests with wine and cheese in the lounge, It was a perfect chance to relax and meet the other guests, The morning breakfast was sumptious and Pat took the opportunity to explain a bit of the history of the house and the area. We will definitely return to this lovely Inn when we are in Gainsville,

Room Tip: Our room had a fireplace
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

What a lovely B&B. Great location, a quick walk to downtown where there are excellent restaurants - don't miss Dragonfly! This B&B is beautifully remodeled to its original state. The owners are very friendly. Stay here if you can; I know we will for every visit to Gator Country.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a lovely stay in the Lady Clare room downstairs. The room was beautifully appointed, very comfortable bed, super soft towels and a great shower. Pat and Tom were very wonderful and our breakfast was absolutely delicious! Would definitely stay here again if I go to Gainesville. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: The Lady Clare room is downstairs and the shower is quite large and roll-in (no lip to the floor) so...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I planned to stay with family in Gainesville, but at the last-minute allergies sent me looking for alternate accommodations. I was so happy that Pat had a room available, and she was welcoming and gracious both at check-in and at breakfast. The room had a lovely private porch overlooking the garden, and everything was clean and beautifully decorated. I needed internet for work, and the connection was fast and functional. Breakfast was minimalist, and most travelers probably would have enjoyed it, but the menu was not to my taste. I will return if I again find myself in in need of a quiet place to sleep in Gainesville, but I will ask for different breakfast choices.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kat b
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I'm taking my 83 yr. old mother on a road trip to visit with friends and family and we decided to make a stop at the Camellia Rose Inn in Gainesville, FL. What a wonderful choice. The room was beautifully appointed, clean and comfortable. Our breakfast was delicious and the host and hostess, Tom & Pat McCants could not have been more helpful with restaurant & local information. I plan on coming back through here with my husband very soon! Thanks for the lovely evening. Mother and I will not soon forget it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We love to stay in B&B's and Spat's Hideaway was perfect for our family of 4. With a queen bed and a trundle for my teenage boys there was plenty of room for everyone. We loved the jacuzzi tub and being able to walk to the town restaurants was great. Most of all we loved the innkeeper who was hospitable and knowledgeable about the area and cooked a great breakfast...

• Stayed: July 2013