“very nice hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed June 16, 2009

My girlfriend and I stopped here for one night to break up a drive from panama city to orlando, we were going to arrive fairly late ,so called the hotel to let them know and to ask if food would be available at that time, they told us it wasnt but gave us the name and number of a place right round the corner who would cook us a carry out. When we got to gainsville we had a little difficulty finding our bearings, so we rang again and they directed us there. Very impressed with the service and its a nice clean hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 27, 2009

Just spent 2 nights here while apartment shopping for my daughter. It felt wonderful to come home to such a nice room. The bedding felt great. The location was convenient with many reataurants and shops nearby . We found the staff to be helpful and friendly. We did not eat breakfast there but it looked good. ( especially the pancakes) I will definitely stay here again and I highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2008

Stayed at this hotel for a wedding that was in Gainesville. This is a great new hotel, very clean and nice. The beds were very comfortable and the made to order breakfast for around $10 was wonderful. You can order whatever you want, the omelets and french toast were perfect!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. We strive to meet the needs of each and every one of our guests and we love to hear back from them when we do! We do hope that the next time you find yourself in the Gainesville area that you will choose to stay with us again. If my staff or I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Safe travels and best regards,

Reviewed September 1, 2008

I booked this hotel a few days prior to arrival and requested 2 rooms side by side for my family... when I arrived, the front desk gave us rooms across from each other... after waiting 30 minutes for the desk to find accomindations, we finally booked 2 rooms side by side!

The stay was nice, the hotel was clean, sheets were cleaned... I can't complain after a stay at the "PARAMOUNT" this hotel is a palace.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2008

This is one of the newer hotels in the area and we wanted to check it out since we go up there alot. (Shands Hospital.) The room was nice and clean and the bed was comfy, but the walls were paper thin and we were on the third floor and heard footsteps all night from up above! Also, I was expecting a complimentary breakfast, like the other hotels in the area, but not at this one. Will probably stay somewhere else next trip.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for choosing us as your hotel on your most recent stay in Gainesville. However I was greatly disapointed to hear about the problems that you experienced with the hotel. I have taken your comments about the hotel and shared them with the staff,

I would love an oppertunity to discuss your stay with you in futher detail if you would permit me to contact you. I do look forward to hearing from you at the contact information below.

Reviewed July 31, 2008

My first impression of the hotel was negative because the front desk clerk wasn't friendly (but the manager was wonderful). Although the hotel was spotless and appeared brand new, we encountered a few problems. The bedding had such a strong bleach odor that I couldn't sleep until I brought in my own pillow and blanket. Next, the walls were paper thin-I heard the TV and people talking in the next room. Skip the breakfast. It isn't free and it isn't very good. I had reservations for August and October that I canceled after this trip.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank egvacation
Reviewed May 23, 2008

We stayed for 2 nights and my son had red welts all over from being biten by bed bugs. I told the manager when we checked out about the problem. They did not over any discount on our bill. I would never stay at another Hilton Garden Inn. My son is still scratching and sore.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for your feedback and I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. I appreciated your time for explaining more about the issues you experienced and for giving me the ability to make corrections.

Please feel free to contact me if your travels bring you back to Gainesville and I will be happy to assist.

Best regards,