“Fantastic stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed August 8, 2014

It is not often that everything is just perfect! Staff was all as one fantastic and very helpful. Especially the little dining area is great in the evening. Remember that you can have the chef creating your breakfast as you like it in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic experience with the Trip Advisor Community! We are so excited that our team was helpful and committed to delivering an excellent experience throughout your stay. We appreciate you making a special mention regarding our food and beverage team as well, and I will be sure to recognize them for their efforts. We are glad that you enjoyed the Hilton Garden Inn cook to order breakfast. We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in Gainesville. Thank you again for your review and if you need any assistance at all please feel free to contact me directly.

Yours in WARM

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Staff are very friendly and rooms are clean. This is where I stay when I visit Gainesville FL. Close to multiple restaurants, freeway and shopping yet tucked away from the main traffic area so is very quiet.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2014

Thank you for sharing your “very nice” experience with the Trip Advisor community. We have a lot of pride when it comes to pleasing our guests and glad to see our team provided friendly service and clean accommodations. We appreciate you making us your first choice and only choice when visiting the Gainesville area and happy that out central location provides you with many options for dinning and shopping when visiting. I hope it is not too long until we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Garden and if you should need any assistance at all feel free to contact me directly. Again, thank you for reviewing the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

hotel greeting staff only were rude, gave dirty looks and was very unprofessional. also housekeeping came into the room while I was laying down trying to rest w/o an apology. however, the food, breakfast staff and rooms are great though.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience, providing us with some valuable feedback regarding your past stay on Trip Advisor. I would like to apologize for the less than welcoming experience you encountered upon your arrival as we strive daily in delivering our Hilton Garden Inn Satisfaction Promise to every guest, every time. In regards to our housekeeping team I will be sure to review with the team our policy when entering guestrooms. We appreciate your positive feedback about your guest room and the great breakfast you experienced before departing. We hope that the welcome does not hinder you from selecting our hotel in the future. Again, thank you for the valuable feedback and we do hope to welcome you back soon. Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional information you wish to share or need any assistance.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

My stay at the Hilton Garden was awesome. Friendly and helpful employees. The location was good because the dining was in walking distance. Target and CVS were nearby. The hotel bed was very compfy with nice bedding.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville experience with the Trip Advisor Community. We truly love pleasing our guests and are so glad that our friendly and helpful staff made your stay “awesome” one! We are glad that our location accommodated your needs locally with well known restaurants within walking distance. More importantly we are glad you had a great night’s sleep as we all know how important this is when traveling. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. Thank you again for your “5 star” review!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed only for one night, however, it suited us well. It was clean and in a great location with plenty of stores and restaurants in the area. Only down side was when I made the reservation online it gave us free breakfast for four and when I checked in the reservation did not state that on it. He was about to apologize and say they could not provide free breakfast when I pulled out a copy of the screen that offered it which I had printed for this very reason. They had no problem accepting it and we received vouchers for free breakfast......

The cost was very reasonable for this hotel and throw in the free breakfast and it was a steal!!! Just be sure to print the coupon if you find it online. Employees were very professional and pleasant.

Room Tip: Request a room with pool view......only good view in building
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. We are delighted to see you enjoyed your 1 night stay, while providing a central location for many shopping and dining services nearby. We are happy to see that our breakfast package was a good choice however I would like to apologize once again for the confusion upon check in with the booking but I am very happy to see that our guest service team rectified the matter quickly. We are very pleased that your overall experience was a professional and pleasant one. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Gainesville soon and please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel was a breath of fresh air. The front desk staff were very helpful with fixing our reservation and making up for our trouble. Our family of 5 was very happy with our short stay. The pool was very clean and quiet. The room was so comfortable and clean. Breakfast was delicious and had many options. I would definitely stay here again to relax or if I were passing through the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
cdaussht, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay with us and also for taking the time out to let us know about your stay. We love getting feedback from our guests and hope the next time you visit Gainesville FL, we will be your first choice.

If there is anything my staff or I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Dustin Cash
352-338-1466

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Arriving tired and exhausted, I was bumped from my reserved room and sent to another hotel for one of my 3 nights. I had to pack my things kept them in the rental car while I went to work the next morning only to return to the original reserved hotel to check in for my 2nd and 3rd nights. Another person of my party arrived later the first evening and got his room without being bumped. This was extremely unfair.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you Charles R for your review. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you and for letting you down on your expectations. Unfortunately we experienced problems in a few guest rooms due to a lightning strike that evening forcing us to relocate a couple guest. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls experienced on this occasion. If you would like to contact me at the hotel directly, I would be more than happy to discuss your comments further and resolve the outstanding issues for you.

Warm regards,