“Wow Awesome”

Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I've stayed at lots of mid priced hotels but this was my first time at a HGI and it was great. Room was clean modern and spacious. Staff was incredibly friendly but most of all the breakfast was out of this world....and it's free!
If you're coming to Gainesville and you need a hotel stay here! The Hampton downtown is good too...but this HGI was awesome.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay with us and also for taking the time out to let us know about your stay. We love getting feedback from our guests and hope the next time you visit Gainesville FL, we will be your first choice.

If there is anything my staff or I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I travel regularly for business and this has become a favorite place to stay. The hotel is always clean, the service is excellent, the dining area is inviting, and the staff is fantastic. The evening desk staff, Marcos and Miles, always greet me by name and have everything set so all I need to do is pick up my key. Missy frequently asks if I would prefer my dinner brought to my room and always goes the extra mile by providing me with a fresh pot of decaf coffee. I highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville as your home away from home.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I appreciate the great feedback for the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, FL and have passed it along to our team. We continue to strive to make each and every stay great and are gracious for feedback to know when we have succeeded. I hope you continue to stay with us when you are in Gainesville in the future.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

My stay was very good except for the noise in the room. The room was near the elevator and I think it needs more sound insulation. It was difficult to find parking at night because the hotel was pretty full since it was a college football game weekend.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 27, 2013

When I drove up to the property, I was nervous, I'm not going to lie. I thought, what on earth did I get myself into….The hotel is really, nothing to look at on the outside. I didn't even go inside right away. I left, ran some errands and returned later….I'm glad I went back, and I'm glad I booked this hotel. The staff were very friendly. My room was clean, and recently updated. I wish there had been a safe (if there was one, I couldn't find it), and I wish that the ice machine on my floor had been working. Having a fridge was a nice treat. The lobby looks great and the business center met my needs. Overall, I would stay here again, and recommend to friends and family. I didn't eat here (I went to Starbucks, Bonefish Grille and Panera's) so I cannot comment on the food. My one gripe was that my fridge was really loud and woke me up a couple times at night….was strange and I'm sure flukey.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I spent three days at this hotel, and never ran across an employee that was not pleasant and accommodating. The desk staff, the dining area staff, and the housekeepers were all fantastic. The hotel was very clean as well, and were equipped with all I needed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel is pristine, the service is super-friendly, the rooms are comfortable, and the location is ideal: close to plenty of restaurants, a movie theater, and to I-75 (and we never even heard the traffic). All in all, I cannot think of a better place where we could have stayed during our weekend trip to Gainesville. Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The new look is just beautiful. The service has always been top notch and the renovation puts it over the top. And they have dinner service now too. The room was quiet and comfortable - the full size couch was a great touch. All too often in a standard room you get an uncomfortable chair or the bed to watch tv from. I could stretch out on the couch and relax.

Well done HGI Gainesville.

Room Tip: The higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013