“Not impressive!”

Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Fl.
“Not impressive!”
Reviewed August 6, 2008

This is one of the newer hotels in the area and we wanted to check it out since we go up there alot. (Shands Hospital.) The room was nice and clean and the bed was comfy, but the walls were paper thin and we were on the third floor and heard footsteps all night from up above! Also, I was expecting a complimentary breakfast, like the other hotels in the area, but not at this one. Will probably stay somewhere else next trip.

• Liked — nice bed
  • Disliked — noise level
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for choosing us as your hotel on your most recent stay in Gainesville. However I was greatly disapointed to hear about the problems that you experienced with the hotel. I have taken your comments about the hotel and shared them with the staff,

I would love an oppertunity to discuss your stay with you in futher detail if you would permit me to contact you. I do look forward to hearing from you at the contact information below.

352-338-1466

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2008

My first impression of the hotel was negative because the front desk clerk wasn't friendly (but the manager was wonderful). Although the hotel was spotless and appeared brand new, we encountered a few problems. The bedding had such a strong bleach odor that I couldn't sleep until I brought in my own pillow and blanket. Next, the walls were paper thin-I heard the TV and people talking in the next room. Skip the breakfast. It isn't free and it isn't very good. I had reservations for August and October that I canceled after this trip.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank egvacation
FLORIDA
Reviewed May 23, 2008

We stayed for 2 nights and my son had red welts all over from being biten by bed bugs. I told the manager when we checked out about the problem. They did not over any discount on our bill. I would never stay at another Hilton Garden Inn. My son is still scratching and sore.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — bed bugs
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your feedback and I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. I appreciated your time for explaining more about the issues you experienced and for giving me the ability to make corrections.

Please feel free to contact me if your travels bring you back to Gainesville and I will be happy to assist.

Best regards,

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed January 9, 2008

It's great--nice, new, well located and pretty cheap with the things you really want like a comfy bed and free freakin' internet. There's also some comfy desk chairs, a big bathroom, a microwave and a fridge.

I go to Gainesville on business at least once a month and stay here each time. Much better than the original Hilton (which used to be a Doubletree and is a bit dated) and the Homewood next door, which is more for people who need a full kitchen.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
fwb, florida
Reviewed December 31, 2007

This is the newest hotel in the area so it was a fairly pleasant stay. Probably the nicest hotel you're going to see in this college town. The only downside is we drove past it twice before we found it. It's grouped in with a bunch of other hotels in the area. which makes it hard to tell one property from ther other. The plus side is that it's in an area with several restaurants and businesses that could be within walking distance. The heated outdoor pool was also a plus! We didn't have any major issues and the staff was more than helpful with everything we needed. We'd definitely stay again!

• Liked — It was brand new and in excellent shape
  • Disliked — It was grouped in with a bunch of other hotels, hard to tell them apart sometimes
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
First and foremost let me thank you for your review of our hotel. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville FL we aim to exceed our guests expectations and we were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and want to thank you for choosing our hotel again. We do hope the next time you find yourself in the area that you would stay with us again. If my staff or I can be of any future assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Tampa Bay
Reviewed July 11, 2007

I am attending graduate school at the University of Florida and booked a stay here for the weekend. The staff at the front desk was helpful. The hotel is in spectacular shape. I was told that the hotel opened in May 2007. It certainly appeared that way as the room was spotless, the carpet clean, and the bathroom was perfect. The bed was fairly comfortable, but I do not believe that the sheet count was more than 200. The main thing was that the bed was clean. Overall, I recommended the hotel to a classmate and would recommend to you.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank GatorJoe
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. We strive to meet the needs of each and everyone of our guests and we love to hear back from them when we do! We do hope that the next time you find yourself in the Gainesville area that you will choose to stay with us again. If my staff or I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Safe travels and best regards,