“I was surprised!”

Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Connecticut
“I was surprised!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

When I drove up to the property, I was nervous, I'm not going to lie. I thought, what on earth did I get myself into….The hotel is really, nothing to look at on the outside. I didn't even go inside right away. I left, ran some errands and returned later….I'm glad I went back, and I'm glad I booked this hotel. The staff were very friendly. My room was clean, and recently updated. I wish there had been a safe (if there was one, I couldn't find it), and I wish that the ice machine on my floor had been working. Having a fridge was a nice treat. The lobby looks great and the business center met my needs. Overall, I would stay here again, and recommend to friends and family. I didn't eat here (I went to Starbucks, Bonefish Grille and Panera's) so I cannot comment on the food. My one gripe was that my fridge was really loud and woke me up a couple times at night….was strange and I'm sure flukey.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I appreciate the great feedback for the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, FL and have passed it along to our team. We continue to strive to make each and every stay great and are gracious for feedback to know when we have succeeded. I hope you continue to stay with us when you are in Gainesville in the future.

352-338-1466

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Pensacola, FL, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I spent three days at this hotel, and never ran across an employee that was not pleasant and accommodating. The desk staff, the dining area staff, and the housekeepers were all fantastic. The hotel was very clean as well, and were equipped with all I needed.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay with us and also for taking the time out to let us know about your stay. We love getting feedback from our guests and hope the next time you visit Gainesville FL, we will be your first choice.

If there is anything my staff or I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Tallahassee, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel is pristine, the service is super-friendly, the rooms are comfortable, and the location is ideal: close to plenty of restaurants, a movie theater, and to I-75 (and we never even heard the traffic). All in all, I cannot think of a better place where we could have stayed during our weekend trip to Gainesville. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, November 13, 2013

Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The new look is just beautiful. The service has always been top notch and the renovation puts it over the top. And they have dinner service now too. The room was quiet and comfortable - the full size couch was a great touch. All too often in a standard room you get an uncomfortable chair or the bed to watch tv from. I could stretch out on the couch and relax.

Well done HGI Gainesville.

Room Tip: The higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, November 12, 2013

Reviewed November 6, 2013

First off, I'll start with the positives. I stayed for one night for a business meeting. The hotel is very clean and the staff are extremely warm and welcoming. The Boardroom was quiet for our meeting. After the smoke alarm went off and we had to go outside, they came into our room to assure us that we were safe. The room was very spacious and clean. The tv channel lineup was extensive for a hotel room.

There are a few negatives. First off, when I walked out of the tiny airport there was a van shuttle from the hotel. I asked the driver if I could use the shuttle and he told me that it was only for pilots. Really? He was empty and it's a TINY airport, so there couldn't have been more than 2 pilots in the big van. I ended up taking a very sketchy and scary cab ride for $30 to the hotel. I'm terms of the room, you can hear everything around you. It was right next to the elevator, but they were booked so I couldn't get another room. The noise from the elevators kept waking me up. I could hear the tv in the room next to me and the people walking above me. I was in room 214. Avoid it.
In terms of cost, it was a total of $149 a night. Considering it's not a full service hotel, I found that a bit steep even if I expensed it. I didn't have a choice where to stay, but I've stayed in full service hotels that are beautiful for a comparable (or lesser) cost.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor to avoid ceiling noise. Stay away from elevators.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
I want to begin by thanking you for your review. We truly strive to make our property a “home away from home.” Each employee is dedicated to providing our guests with the exceptional service that you have become accustomed to.

Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. This is certainly not the Hilton Garden Inn experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you.

Please contact me directly if you plan to visit the Gainesville area in the near future and I will see that you enjoy the finest in service and accommodations.

Warm Regards,

Florida
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We traveled to Gainesville for a concert on campus. The HGI was selected because of proximity to I-75 and reviews that indicated that it was quiet (both are true). The HGI shares a parking lot with Homewood Suites, whichever gives the best rates is a good choice. These hotels are also mainstays for visiting athletic teams competing at UF. Good news was that this was pretty transparent--we saw the athletes but never heard them (yea!). The facility has everything that you need from free parking to a pool to really nice rooms. THere is a real restaurant in the lobby that puts together a good breakfast. BE ADVISED--if you have to drive across Gainesville to the University, time you rtrip to be outside rush hour. The bumper to bumper traffic both ways was very unexpected. It took about 30 minutes to get from the hotel to the center of the campus.

Room Tip: If you have the opportunity as for a room facing away from the Interstate. We faced the Interstate...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Saginaw, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My first stay at this HGI property was a good one... clean, comfortable, quiet room.. convenient and safe location just a bit off the main road.. great breakfast buffet (although a discount for HH members would be nice).. courteous and helpful staff.. only dig was a somewhat worn-out mattress in need of replacement soon. Price was about average for this type of property and location. Overall, I would definitely stay here again when in Gainesville!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo