“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
St. Louis, Missouri
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Very nice hotel with large rooms. Loved the "Great American Grill" in the lobby. Alberto (chef) and Missy (waitress) made dinner & breakfast delightful. The food they served could have come out of a high-class restaurant. It was delicious.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JCR9
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay with us and also for taking the time out to let us know about your stay. We love getting feedback from our guests and hope the next time you visit Gainesville FL, we will be your first choice.

If there is anything my staff or I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

352-338-1466

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Valrico, FL
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We booked ahead as part of a wedding party. The rooms were not ready when we arrived and most out of town guests had to wait in lobby. All had to get ready for a rehearsal dinner shortly after. Most didn't have time to shower. Our room had sewage bubbling up into the sink and a toilet that didn't flush. When we alerted the front desk who sent up maintenance who confessed it is an ongoing issue. (The sewage). The toilet was never fixed. We had to miss part of the wedding festivities while sitting with maintenance in our room. The manager comped the room but the whole experience was very disappointing. Sleepers beware.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LyneaD
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. As this is the first I am hearing about this plumbing issue, I would greatly appreciate if we could discuss this further to make sure we solve this problem so it does not inconvenience future guests. Please feel free to contact me when you are available at 352-225-4801 or dustin.cash@hilton.com.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Had to make a short visit to town, and stayed at the HGI. Comparing it to a few of the other Hilton brands in Gainesville, the level of customer service is top notch. The location is convenient to the shopping areas and UF as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TheSalesGuy
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I appreciate the great feedback for the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, FL and have passed it along to our team. We continue to strive to make each and every stay great and are gracious for feedback to know when we have succeeded. I hope you continue to stay with us when you are in Gainesville in the future.

Lake Placid, Florida
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was in Gainesville recently for my niece's wedding and stayed at this hotel. The front desk staff were so friendly and accomodating to our every need. The hotel's furnishings and facilities were excellent for this price range. The location is convenient to I-75, University of Florida and lots of great shopping. My family members and I were glad we chose this hotel. It is also close to Kanapaha Botantical Gardens, the site of the wedding. We had enough room in our hotel room to work on lots of decorations and flowers the night before the wedding. Next time I'm in Gainesville I will definitely choose this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank GAGirl07

Pitman, NJ, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Everything was pleasant, from the staff, room and facilities. Hotel is close to a large shopping center, where anything you need was available. Close to I-75 and University of Florida Campus and Stadium. I would make reservations here anytime in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

florida
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My daughter was married in Gainesville onSeptember 14. We had looked at several hotels when I visited in August and we both chose this one for me. I was there for 3 nights and she stayed with me the night before the wedding. We also had several other friends and family from out of town staying there. Matthew was wonderful! I had called a few days before arriving and he made sure that my sisters got the room next to mine. When I arrived, he happened to be working at the check in and remembered me from our conversation before. Such a nice young man!
All of the staff were so helpful. The lobby is gorgeous and my favorite is the lemon water! So refreshing on a hot day. The room was beautiful; great large bathroom. We needed lots of room as bridesmaids were getting dressed there and also my daughter with her beautiful gown!
Staying at the Hilton Garden Inn contributed so much to my daughter's wedding being a perfect day. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Gainesville!

Room Tip: Matthew got me a room on the top floor - said it would be quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Ellijay, United States
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hotel is nearly new. It is really close to I-75. The staff is second to none - morning and evening staff. The restaurant is 4 star. They make breakfest anyway you want and the dinners are prepared to please. The bathrooms are spacious and they have plety of towels. The Hot tub is hot and the workout room has the latest equipment. The beds are 1st class and the sheets are soft and clean. Bill Harmon - Harmon Deer Scents

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, September 24, 2013