“It's a good one!”

Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
canada
“It's a good one!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel, while tucked away on a side street off Archer in Gainesville, is worth locating. If the entire staff greets you as nicely as I was greeted, you will feel quite special at the end of your weary day. I only review the best of the best and the worst of the worst ... and I would definitely stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

2 Thank wearytraveler07
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay with us and also for taking the time out to let us know about your stay. We love getting feedback from our guests and hope the next time you visit Gainesville FL, we will be your first choice.

If there is anything my staff or I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

352-338-1466

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Bartow, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night (husband, adult son & me) and used combination of Hilton points and cash (9,000 points and $50). We were greeted quickly and although there were only 'accessible queen rooms' available when we booked the room, our desk clerk asked if we might prefer a non-accessible room for which we were grateful. We are tall people and the 'accessible' rooms often have lower vanity and other accessories which just would not be convenient for us. Our room was very clean, in good working order, and was very comfortable. The hotel is far enough off the interstate to be quiet at night (no traffic noise) but still close enough to provide easy access. We stayed in Gainesville while visiting our niece who lives in Lake Butler (about 40 minutes north) and found this location which was convenient. I researched hotels along the interstate near Lake Butler and found this to be reasonably priced and the best looking property. We were very pleased and would be glad to stay here again! Thanks to the management for providing a safe, comfortable, and very clean property.

1 Thank OfChorus
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I appreciate the great feedback for the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, FL and have passed it along to our team. We continue to strive to make each and every stay great and are gracious for feedback to know when we have succeeded. I hope you continue to stay with us when you are in Gainesville in the future.

Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a great, new HGI. Staff are very friendly, lobby is nice and rooms are clean and quiet. However, the address doesn't show up on GPS, so be careful! When I finally found it, I heard a staff on the phone talking to someone about directions. He gave the address of the hotel next door, saying GPS doesnt recognize the hotel. When I told staff of my ordeal, they offered me a free drink, which was very nice. Great hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Alachua, Florida
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at 3 different hotels on our honeymoon. Hilton Garden Inn was by far the best in customer service, comfort, cleanliness and amenities. The staff was very helpful, and made us feel welcome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

2 Thank Travis B

Ohio
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Very nice HGI right off of I-75. As others have said it is kind of tucked in behind a shopping center - Target to be exact. This actually helps to provide for a quiet stay. Turn left at FIRST stoplight (SW 40th Blvd) after exiting I-75 on Archer Rd (heading East) then take 2 right turns and you're there. It is located next to Homewood Suites.

Room was clean and appointed as stated. Lobby was nice with the fruit water as usual. Staff friendly and accommodating. Breakfast Buffett (not included at HGI) was typical. Did not use pool or gym.

Many many restaurants and shopping are available within a very close proximity.

Great hotel! Great location! Would definitely stay here again!

1 Thank marcodreamer

Orlando, FL
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed for several nights over graduation weekend. The cost, because of the demand, was quite high. Although we were warned that a King bed might not be available, I was disappointed to find that was the case. They found a king room fairly quickly. Even though it was on the first floor, it was quiet and perfectly fine. The Archer Road/34th street location can be difficult to get to in bad traffic. Use Google Maps and take the back way in and out if traffic is bad.

Thank AnotherFla.Mom

Minneapolis,Mn
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is located behind a strip mall, You do not see it coming off of the interstate. You see the back of the building when you are on SW 33rd Place. Getting off the interstate on Archer Road you are going to find a very busy road. This traffic backs up on this road depending on the time of day. Hotel is excellent, new and very quiet. Parking near the front door can be a problem, There is limited spaces near the front door.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, May 14, 2013