New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Florida
“Clean & Modern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

We travel to Gainesville several times of year for business but this was our first time staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel is conveniently located near I-75 but far enough away from the highway so you can't hear noise. The lobby is clean, modern & bright. The staff was very friendly at the front desk. The rooms are large, spacious & clean.

There was a small fridge & a couch in our room. Everything was very clean & tasteful.

There were a few negatives. The AC units in the rooms are very noisy. Everytime it turned on, I woke up. There was a lot of light in the room from the microwave, clocks etc. when all the lights were turned off. I did not find the bed or pillows comfortable but that's a personal preference.

About 10:45pm, the fire alarms went off for about 5 minutes and it was just a false alarm. The sound was very piercing & our ears are still ringing.

Overall, the Hilton Garden Inn offers a great value for both price, location & cleanliness.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I appreciate the great feedback for the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, FL and have passed it along to our team. We continue to strive to make each and every stay great and are gracious for feedback to know when we have succeeded. I hope you continue to stay with us when you are in Gainesville in the future.

352-338-1466

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Front Royal, VA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Excellent service, everyone went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable. The rooms were clean and well appointed. Dinners are great, be sure to ask about any specials. Soups are home made and delicious. Breakfast is good but a little pricey. Hotel is located on several bus lines if you need public transportation. Pleanty of restuarants near by.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay with us and also for taking the time out to let us know about your stay. We love getting feedback from our guests and hope the next time you visit Gainesville FL, we will be your first choice.

If there is anything my staff or I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had stayed here before, but I loved the renovations they have done. The lobby is beautiful, I loved the effect of the drapes and the lamps hanging from the ceiling. Friendly and attentive staff. Very comfortable and clean room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Longboat Key, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is our 2nd time staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Gainesville. Our last stay was great and since then, the hotel has been remodeled and looks very nice and modern. Feels like a new hotel. Everyone of the staff members were pleasant and welcoming. Although we didn't eat there, they have breakfast and are now serving dinner. Very pleased that we found this location when we visit University of Florida. They also have a Florida Gator Parent rate!

• 5 of 5 stars
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, April 20, 2013

Jasper, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very nice place and a pleasant experience booking a room on short notice due to family emergency. Arrived to a welcoming staff who explained the hotels amenities , in which when told about breakfast in the A.M. , I thought great!!, I have stayed in many hotels serving hot breakfast , which was included in my stay. As I was helping my 12 yr old son get his breakfast I was approached by a staff member asking in front of everyone ," where was my breakfast voucher and if I had one " to my dismay I never heard of such a thing. It made me feel like we just came off the street looking for a free breakfast. If I hadn't already booked a two night stay ,I would have left. As I know of many hotels offering a free breakfast. But I booked this hotel to try something different and was even enrolled in the HHonors Members as I travel a lot . It's not about the breakfast, just how it was handled. And how it made my son feel,All in all a very nice place with beautiful clean rooms.

• 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Renee65_221
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced with noise. This is certainly not the Hilton Garden Inn experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. We will work harder to train our breakfast staff to make sure they deliver the quality of service Hilton is known worldwide for.

Please contact me directly if you plan to visit the Gainesville area in the near future and I will see that you enjoy the finest in service and accommodations.

Warm Regards,

Peachtree City, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and newly renovated. The lobby is inviting and they have a good breakfast -- which was free to me as a Hilton Honors member.The hotel is only minutes from University of Florida with easy access to I-75. I would definitely stay here again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stay at this hotel every time we visit Gainesville because of its location, amenities, staff and value. The hotel on this visit was undergoing renovations, which was not the least bit disruptive. The new decor is top notch.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family