“Decent hotel close to campus”

Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Right off Archer road and 75 and is clean and helpful staff. Better than many other hotels in the area. This hotel will cost you a bit more but you can pay the same amount to stay in dated hotels in the area. Would recommend to anyone that wants a decent room close to campus for business.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Collosas E
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay with us and also for taking the time out to let us know about your stay. We love getting feedback from our guests and hope the next time you visit Gainesville FL, we will be your first choice.

If there is anything my staff or I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I love Hilton, I think they're a great hotel brand and I'm almost always pleased with their hotels, but this one just didn't do it for me.

While the location is really just about as good as it can get (you're in the middle of town yet on a practically desolate street with no other buildings in sight) and the rooms are spacious, the walls are paper thin (I could hear the neighboring guest's entire phone call with 100% clarity) and the front desk agent was brusque and unhelpful. (Note to smokers: all of their smoking rooms are being renovated at the moment, which wasn't made clear when I booked the hotel...the front desk agent didn't even apologize, just let me know that I was near an exit).

This is the only hotel I've been to in Gainesville and it isn't awful by any means...but you could probably do better. If you're going to charge $150 a night, things need to be significantly better.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Casey L
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

I want to begin by thanking you for your review and all your kind words. We truly strive to make our property a “home away from home.” Each employee is dedicated to providing our guests with the exceptional service that you have become accustomed to.

Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced with noise. This is certainly not the Hilton Garden Inn experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. We will work harder to train our front desk staff to make sure they deliver the quality of service Hilton is known worldwide for.

Please contact me directly if you plan to visit the Gainesville area in the near future and I will see that you enjoy the finest in service and accommodations.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I began staying at this Hilton property a few years back after finding some of the other properties in the area to be less than adverstised. The hotel is in a decent location though traffic in the area can be hectic. The staff is great at the hotel, rooms are always clean and well maintained. While the breakfast is not included in the rate, they do serve made to order meals of good quality. The hotel is currently being renovated but I was not disturbed at all by any of the work.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Brad B
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you, we appreciate your thoughtful comments! We certainly want our guests to feel the outstanding 'Southern Hospitality' the moment they arrive! We're pleased to hear you found your room comfortable and enjoyed the great service from our team. It is always means so much when a guest extends compliments to our team and we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with TripAdvisor readers.

Please feel free to contact me if your travels bring you back to Gainesville and I will be happy to assist.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I spent a lot of time in the past at this brand of hotel. I would rate this one slightly below average but it is a fine place to stay. The hotel is just starting a renovation in January, 2013. Hilton Garden Inns have high standards and this hotel would benefit from an update. The hotel is in a great location and has numerous restaurants nearby. Rooms are comfortable and clean. The hotel breakfast was very good. Hotel personnel is welcoming and friendly. Hotel only offers breakfast service and there is no bar which is unusual.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I appreciate the great feedback for the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, FL and have passed it along to our team. After the completion of our renovation, we will have dinner service along with a full service bar.

We continue to strive to make each and every stay great and are gracious for feedback to know when we have succeeded. I hope you continue to stay with us when you are in Gainesville in the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at this property for two days and experienced some of the best service I have come across in my weekly travels. Myles at the front desk was extremely helpful and courteous and Jess always seemed a step ahead of any request I had. Housekeeping was friendly and always said good morning to me and Karaem in breakfast was top notch. This hotel has figured out how to take care of their guest...you have to stay here!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for your great feedback! I am glad we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one. We strive to have a professional and friendly team that focuses on every detail of our guests' experience. We appreciate your business and hope you continue to stay with us!

Hilton Garden Inn - Gainesville, FL

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed at the hilton Garden Inn on my way through Floriday while on vacation. I couldn't of asked for a nicer hotel while visiting Gainsville. The hotel's appearance and cleanliness were 5 star, the staff were always very helpful and friendly. Thanks again I enjoyed my stay and will recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ecronin
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Reviewed December 30, 2012

After staying at a number of other hotels along the I-75 corridor in Gainesville, we decided this year to try the HGI because of the in house dining facility. Unfortunately, diner dining service will not be available until February 2013. But desk clerk Miles suggested a Texas Roadhouse room delivery and that worked out fine.

The HGI is a bit dated and Miles indicated that a refurbishing program will start in the spring and should be completed by this time next year. All in all, this is the best place for one overnight we have found so far. Not perfect, and it will be better next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple