“Hotel being renovated”

Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Hernando, Mississippi
“Hotel being renovated”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I spent a lot of time in the past at this brand of hotel. I would rate this one slightly below average but it is a fine place to stay. The hotel is just starting a renovation in January, 2013. Hilton Garden Inns have high standards and this hotel would benefit from an update. The hotel is in a great location and has numerous restaurants nearby. Rooms are comfortable and clean. The hotel breakfast was very good. Hotel personnel is welcoming and friendly. Hotel only offers breakfast service and there is no bar which is unusual.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I appreciate the great feedback for the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, FL and have passed it along to our team. After the completion of our renovation, we will have dinner service along with a full service bar.

352-338-1466

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at this property for two days and experienced some of the best service I have come across in my weekly travels. Myles at the front desk was extremely helpful and courteous and Jess always seemed a step ahead of any request I had. Housekeeping was friendly and always said good morning to me and Karaem in breakfast was top notch. This hotel has figured out how to take care of their guest...you have to stay here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback! I am glad we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one. We strive to have a professional and friendly team that focuses on every detail of our guests' experience. We appreciate your business and hope you continue to stay with us!

Metairie
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed at the hilton Garden Inn on my way through Floriday while on vacation. I couldn't of asked for a nicer hotel while visiting Gainsville. The hotel's appearance and cleanliness were 5 star, the staff were always very helpful and friendly. Thanks again I enjoyed my stay and will recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ecronin
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay with us and also for taking the time out to let us know about your stay. We love getting feedback from our guests and hope the next time you visit Gainesville FL, we will be your first choice.

If there is anything my staff or I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Traverse City, MI
Reviewed December 30, 2012

After staying at a number of other hotels along the I-75 corridor in Gainesville, we decided this year to try the HGI because of the in house dining facility. Unfortunately, diner dining service will not be available until February 2013. But desk clerk Miles suggested a Texas Roadhouse room delivery and that worked out fine.

The HGI is a bit dated and Miles indicated that a refurbishing program will start in the spring and should be completed by this time next year. All in all, this is the best place for one overnight we have found so far. Not perfect, and it will be better next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel made my 9 day vacation enjoyable. It was clean, friendly, and very comfortable. One particular person that stands out at this hotel was Jessica. She always said hello and asked me how my day went, if everything was satisfactory in my hotel room, and if i needed anything. She always had a smile on her face and the way she interacted with other customers was very professional in the way she greeted them, whether it be when she answered the phone or if they were just walking by the service desk. I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I appreciate the great feedback for the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, FL and have passed it along to our team. We continue to strive to make each and every stay great and are gracious for feedback to know when we have succeeded. I hope you continue to stay with us when you are in Gainesville in the future.

Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This hotel is operated by amazing, caring people. I was having a difficult experience which was the reason for my trip, but these people made the sun shine over the seven days i needed to be there. The rooms are clean, comfortable, reasonable, great internet access, and the people make you think you are home. Incredible place to stay! We wouldn't think of staying any place else now that we have experienced this hotel. Breakfast isn't free, but it is a full menu with freshly cooked food to your order. Give them a try. Sorry about rating the spa, I didn't use it, but couldn't remove the rating.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We had a great 4 night stay at this hotel. The front desk and breakfast staff were top notch, very courteous and helpful! The hotel was immaculate and very comfortable. Our stay was perfect thanks to the friendly staff and their attention to every detail. Great hotel, great managers, great staff! I highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family