“Courteous” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Gainesville
Marietta, Georgia
“Courteous”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

In town for a funeral, quick and smooth service, close to good restaurants and bars in walking distance. One of the better Hilton garden Inns. The hotel was immaculate and I enjoyed the personable desk staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Spamky17
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay with us and also for taking the time out to let us know about your stay. We love getting feedback from our guests and hope the next time you visit Gainesville FL, we will be your first choice.

If there is anything my staff or I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

352-338-1466

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed here one night and received excellent service overall. The hotel was immaculate and I enjoyed the personable desk staff. Breakfast coupons were given to us, in addition to cookies, and breakfast was delicious. Great stay overall!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike K
Thank you for your great feedback! I am glad we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one. We strive to have a professional and friendly team that focuses on every detail of our guests' experience. We appreciate your business and hope you continue to stay with us!

Hilton Garden Inn - Gainesville, FL
Gautier, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We still like staying here but let's face it, people don't control their kids. We awoke (too early) to running and stomping above us. It didn't stop. After over a half an hour, my wife called the front desk. The noise stopped for a few minutes then continued. We gave up and got out of bed. Last time we had an issue with a college baseball team banging around all night. This is a great place to stay if you like staying up late and getting up early. Otherwise, our stay was great. Mostly. My wife stopped by the desk later to apologize for complaining about the noise since it wasn't their fault. The desk clerk never acknowledged her presence. Lost points there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I want to begin by thanking you for your review and all your kind words. We truly strive to make our property a “home away from home.” Each employee is dedicated to providing our guests with the exceptional service that you have become accustomed to.

Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced with noise. This is certainly not the Hilton Garden Inn experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you.

Please contact me directly if you plan to visit the Gainesville area in the near future and I will see that you enjoy the finest in service and accommodations.

Warm Regards,

Central Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

2 night business stay in Gainesville. The stay was top notch, very clean room, very courteous staff. Do not hesitate to stay here when in the area.

Very close to local resources such as restaurants, stores, etc.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Travelbug478

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

After a disastrous night at the "regular" Hilton in Gainesville, we decided to stay here because I frequently stay in HGIs when travelling. They are consistantly well-kept, clean, and reliable and this property was no exception. Although there is no lunch/dinner service and no bar/lounge, I believe they will be available when updated and renovated as have most other HGIs. Our breakfast was very good and the manager stopped by to make sure everything was fine.

When we arrived we didn't know if we would be staying because of the uncertainty of our pup's discharge from having surgery at UF. We were greeted by Sasha, the same young lady who I had spoken to on the phone earlier and who remembered both me and our situation. She went out of her way to be helpful to us and said to make ourselves comfortable in the living room-style lobby, even pointing out where the television remote was in case we wanted to watch tv. She really made us feel welcome and is a great asset to this hotel.

I highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn brand when travelling because of their quality and consistency. While there is no lunch or dinner servive, there is a very large shopping center about one block away. We opted for the always reliable Bonefish, but the area has many options.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JimMcC
Thank you for providing us with great feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville FL. We appreciate the kind reference about the ideal location of our hotel.

Please feel free to contact me if your travels bring you back to Gainesville and I will be happy to assist.

Longboat Key, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We have a child at Univ. of Florida and my husband and I stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn during parent's weekend. They gave parents a special rate which was nice. Newer hotel, everything was clean and people behind the desk were nice. It's right off the highway and 10 minutes from campus. A little difficult to find...it's off of Archer Road right when you get off I-75.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from the elevator and ice machine and not on the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank marydonato
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I appreciate the great feedback for the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, FL and have passed it along to our team. We continue to strive to make each and every stay great and are gracious for feedback to know when we have succeeded. I hope you continue to stay with us when you are in Gainesville in the future.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel is quite close to Shands Medical Center - about 5/10 mins drive - so I found that convenient. The rooms are typical Garden Inn so very clean and comfortable. There is a nice outdoor pool. Unlike another writer, I found the staff to be helpful and friendly including the breakfast folks, although I too did not have anyone wait on me. I'm actually okay with that and am perfectly content to order my own at the window. My only gripe is with the business center. I needed to print some articles for my Shands meeting and the computer kept displaying error messages. Once I resolved that problem, it wouldn't print. I found that very frustrating but asked at the front desk to use their computer and printer and the clerk was fine with that. So in the end, I had no issues.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business