“A bit hard to find, but worth the effort.”

Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Rooms clean and well appointed. Bath rooms are spacious and well equipped. Hotel is quiet, with the exception of an occasional door slam by an inconsiderate guest. (management could assist by installing proper door closing mechanisms). Very helpful staff. Abundant dining options within walking distance of hotel. Very clean, appealing pool area. No onsite bar, as is common in many HGI's.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

chriscpd98,

I want to begin by thanking you for your review and all your kind words. We truly strive to make our property a “home away from home.” Each employee is dedicated to providing our guests with the exceptional service that you have become accustomed to.

Please contact me directly if you plan to visit the Gainesville area in the near future and I will see that you enjoy the finest in service and accommodations.

Hilton Garden Inn
352-338-1466

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our desk manager met us with professionalism and most of all a friendly smile. The rooms were exceptionally clean and everything we needed was in place. All of this for just 1 night traveling on the road! Highly recommend this hotel if traveling from the north to southern or southwestern Florida or for the return trip home. A+++++

Room Tip: Rooms along the back side are very quiet and away from the main drag.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Carrie D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you for your great feedback! I am glad we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one. We strive to have a professional and friendly team that focuses on every detail of our guests' experience. We appreciate your business and hope you continue to stay with us!

Hilton Garden Inn - Gainesville, FL

Reviewed June 24, 2012

We chose this hotel after a very poor experience at a neighboring competitor. This hotel was in all ways comfortable, convenient and accommodating. I will stay here again the next time I'm in Gainesville.

• Stayed: June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I appreciate the great feedback for the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, FL and have passed it along to our team. We continue to strive to make each and every stay great and are gracious for feedback to know when we have succeeded. I hope you continue to stay with us when you are in Gainesville in the future.

Hospitably,

Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, FL

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I am currently a Hilton Diamond member and stay in Hilton ( preferably Garden Inn) approximately 48 weeks a year, AND 5 IR 6 TIMES at this specific property since 2011. With that said, the employees at this hotel are the WORST I have come across! THIS WILL BE MY LAST STAY AT THIS PROPERTY and may alter ny business travel / stay decisions going forward. THIS STAFF CERTAINLY MAKES MARRIOT SOUND A LOT BETTER!!!BETTER

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you for your feedback and I would like to sincerely apologize for the service issues you experienced during your stay. I appreciated our conversation and for your time for explaining more about the issues you experienced and for giving me the ability to make corrections. Please feel free to contact me if your travels bring you back to Gainesville and I will be happy to assist.

Hilton Garden Inn - Gainesville, FL
carrie.duncan@hilton.com

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I recently stayed here for several weeks with my Mom as my Dad was having surgery nearby at Shands. It's a quick drive to and from the hospital, with all the restaurants and shopping in between so we never had to go far. The front desk staff, particularly Jamal and Jessica went out of their way on more than a few occasions to make us feel welcome and ask if we needed anything. The breakfast was fabulous, and the guy who makes omletes knows how to make one! The only concern was that twice they skipped cleaning our room, and once it was partially clean; the coffee pot had not been cleaned out and there wasn't a clean glass in the room. After a call to front desk this situation was rectified. The room was clean and comfortable and the hot tub was nice after a long day at the hospital!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cwberg

cwberg,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay with us and also for taking the time out to let us know about your stay. We love getting feedback from our guests and hope the next time you visit Gainesville FL, we will be your first choice.

If there is anything my staff or I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Hilton Garden Inn
352-338-1466

Reviewed May 1, 2012

We usually stay here when we travel. The room was very clean. The girl at the front desk, Jessica, was wonderful. She helped us find a really nice Cuban restaurant that was not high priced but the food was delicious. Our room was on the first floor, as per our request.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Theresa C
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville FL and recognizing Jessica at the Front Desk for her Outstanding Service. Rest assured she will be recognized for her efforts. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise.

Our entire staff at the HGI is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dustin.Cash@hilton.com

Reviewed April 28, 2012

The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. We were awake until after 1:00 because of the noise in other rooms and the hall but there was a baseball team staying there. Be sure and ask about such goings on before you reserve a room. You can order breakfast but there's no buffet. Not a bad thing just being informative. We were in too much of a hurry so we didn't eat here. The hotel is handy to I-75 and has some beautiful moss-laden oaks near the property. And I hope Georgia lost. Y'all should go to bed earlier.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced with noise. This is certainly not the Hilton Garden Inn experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.

Dustin.Cash@hilton.com