“YUM”
Review of Satchel's Pizza

Satchel's Pizza
Ranked #1 of 568 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Savannah, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUM”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Unique pizza place! Very good pizza, love their Satchel's salad and home made dressing. They also offer beer and wine, have music some nights. Enjoy the way they exibit local artist' works and it seems to change every visit

Visited August 2013

• Arabic first
Cooper City, Florida
“Gourmet Pizza In A Funky Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Be Warned that this is a CASH only restaurant since many people don't carry much of it these days. Also the food is not cheap and that's fine because you get what you pay for here. The obvious quality of the ingredients and choices they offer, make it closer to a gourmet food experience then a pizza place.

The come as you are atmosphere attracts all sorts of folks, so be prepared to wait on weekends. We went on a Thursday night and it was very busy but not packed. Plan ahead and go when you aren't starving so if you have to wait a while it's not the end of the world. It's definitely worth the trip.

Palm City, Florida
“Amusing”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were in town for my granddaughter to compete in swimming finals at U fo F. I read about this restaurant on TA, it has mixed reviews but decided to try it. I want to say if you are going here for the pizza, go someplace else. I don't think it's the best pizza I've ever had or even close. The reason you would go to this mostly outdoor place is the experience. We got there at 6:30 on a Saturday night and seemed to get the last table on the outside, which actually turned out to be good for us as there was a nice breezeand in the shade (which in Florida in July can be very hot) and our grandchildren had a playground close by. That was good as the pizza took a while. As soon as were seated our waiter came by and interpreted the menu for us. It's a little overwhelming!! This kids ordered the homemade sodas. I tasted the Root Beer and coke, way too sweet for me. The pizza comes well done ( black on the bottom) we ordered ours light and they seemed soggy to me. Good taste though. For six people I thought it was way pricey and they only accept cash!!!! Tried to order dessert but apparently they were all out. I would not go back here. However it was a crazy place with it's decor, people drinking in the bar out to parking lot. Everyone seemed to be having a great time

Miami, Florida
“My favorite place in town!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

No place like it!
I went to Satchels when I was scouting Gainesville to go to school, when I moved in to attend Santa Fe, when I got accepted into UF, and recently for my birthday. So it holds a special place in my heart.

The pizza is to DIE for, and so are the salads! But you're really there for the pizza (I recommend the pineapple and ham) as well as the atmosphere (eat in Satch's van if you can!). The wait can sometimes be a bit long, so you can head on over to Lightning Salvage in the back and buy some extremely cheap knick knacks and admire their latest collection of god knows what.

But point it, it's a place full of personality, and full of delicious pizza!

Lenoir City, Tennessee
“Fun Place with Good Food”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Went here while visiting family. We got there before the after work crowd appeared and were seated promptly. The staff seems to work together to make sure you are taken well care of. The pizza was good with a sauce that was a little more spicy than typical pizza places. One member of our party had a calzone which was described as very good. Since it's across town from the interstate then based on the crowd it is a well thought of eating place. Most did seem to be locals and the vast majority weren't college kids but more middle to older aged generation. Great family place as kids are welcomed and have their own menu. I would recommend it at least a few times to take in all the "junk/scrap" designed décor. We will go back on our next visit just to take in more art work (and eat more pizza).