“Fun Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Satchel's Pizza

Satchel's Pizza
Ranked #1 of 567 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Enjoyed a Saturday afternoon lunch at Satchel's... Very Busy... Arrived at restaurant at 1:30 had to wait for 20 minutes for a table. Well worth the wait. Great Salad and Pizza.

• Visited September 2012

• Arabic first
Gainesville, Florida
“Eclectic setting, pleasant servers, average pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

When I landed in Gainesville a few years ago I asked about pizza and was told that Satchel's was the best. I've eaten there 3 times since then (most recently in August after they reopened post-fire) and I don't know what the big deal is. I go out for pizza that is well-made, which means to me that, along with fresh ingredients, the crust should be crisp.
All the wallhangings and eclectic atmosphere don't make up for soggy crust in my opinion. Most pizza places serve up soggy crust. I can consistently get a nice crisp crust at .Blue Highway, Piesano's, Leonardo's Pizza by the Slice, or NY Pizza Plus. Anyone who suggests that Satchel's rivals Northeast pizzerias must not have ever eaten a pizza in NY or CT or NJ.

• Visited September 2012
Florida
“Satchel's for outstanding pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I dined at Satchel's last Friday and I can truly say it was the best pizza that I have had in years. The salad was unbelievably good also. Satchel's is an eclectic restaurant in northeast Gainesville that will be on my "must dine" list whenever I am in the Gainesville area.

• Visited November 2012
NE Florida
“Best Pizza in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Delicious, well made pizza that rivals that of the north east. Excellent choices of pizza toppings, frosty malted beverages, and other Italian foods. Seating both inside and out with outside seating in a whimsical variety of seating, i.e., old vans, rustic plank and wooden tables, recycled items of a former industrial period.
The bottom line is that this is the best pizza south of the Mason-Dixon line. But, be forewarned they only accept cash, no credit cards, but they do have a cash terminal on premises.

• Visited October 2012
gainesville
“so unique and very cute”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

my friend took me there for the first time this past weekend. It was so cute i loved that they had stuff for my toddler to play with after she ate and i could see her perfectly, and she was safe by our table. they had a cute playground my the picnic table sooo cute.

Visited October 2012