“perfect for dates and special occasions.”

Mark's Prime Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Mark's Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 594 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 1st ST
Description: Marks Prime Steakhouse has a goal to create a unique dining experience that will please the palate and soothe the soul. We serve the finest beef, freshest seafood, premium wines and naturally fresh vegetables. We hope to see you soon.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant is on the pricier side. Its atmosphere is quiet & romantic. The food is all outstanding. Everything is of the highest quality.

1  Thank bhartrizer

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Found Marks on TA and after a very long day of work and travel decided on a nice steak over Dragonfly next door, which also looks intriguing. Ordered a special half price Happy Hour martini at a handy $5 and was not disappointed with the CEO branded vodka martini with blue cheese stuffed olives, peeeerfect.

Ordered the classic lettuce wedge with blue cheese dressing and crumples and was floored by the nearly 3/4 sized head of lettuce that showed up smothered with blue cheesy goodness and bacon. A nice loaf of warm bread accompanied the salad and if this is a favorite of yours, a very, very nice starter if not a bit wasteful with the massive portion which no one person could possibly finish!

For dinner, of course the classic filet mignon, MR with a 1/2 order, of creamed spinach. My waiter Matt checked in on me after being served and took a look at me and my medium steak and honestly in two seconds swooped it up, and ordered me a proper MR filet no fuss. I would never have sent it back or have to be pushed pretty hard to make a fuss in a restaurant so this kind of proactive service was as impressive as the replacement steak. The 11 ouncer was way more than I could down but it was perfect and came sizzling on a very hot plate with melted butter, really quite perfect.

It is hard to hold up to a great filet but the creamed spinach was exceptional. $60 bucks got me out of there so its as advertised, prime service and food. Thanks to Matt for that exceptional service, very memorable experience. If its steak in Gainesville, its Mark's for me.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Really hungry for a good steak but without a reservation on a Saturday night, we took a chance and asked the hostess if she could seat us. She said there wait was lengthy but there was a booth by the bar. Lucky us! We took the booth and were pleasantly surprised at how pleasant and quiet it was - there is a TV showing sports in the bar but it is muted with captioning - perfect! The atmosphere throughout the restaurant is elegant and tasteful. The service friendly, helpful but not intrusive. The customer dress is mix of very nice jacket and tie to those spruced up in capris for a fun time. This is a nice restaurant so it was mainly adults, teens. Younger kids are fine but you might struggle with restraining them if they are the type to sit and color, play a muted electronic game or talk. We were started of with a round loaf of delicious (excellent!) crusty warm bread with a soft center. Note it is much easier and less messy to tear the bread into servings than cut it. I had a Cabernet by the glass, the Sebastiano, that was wonderful and I will definitely ask for again! We ordered the French onion soup for both us which was good but filling - cup of soup with a smaller crouton and a lot of beefy broth - so if you have a light appetite I might skip appetizers so you can focus on the steaks - they were outstanding. We ordered a New York strip for one entree and the sirloin tips with brandy peppercorn sauce and mashed potatoes for the other. We also ordered a side of the sauteed mushrooms. The new york strip arrived sizzling and cooked to perfection with excellent flavor and it was super tender. As for the tips, I am normally a huge steak - love a big juicy steak - person but something about the tips meal caught my eye....great choice and 1 I will repeat!!! The sirloin tips about 5 ounces, were tender enough to cut with my fork and the mashed potatoes lovely and made divine by the brandy peppercorn sauce. Wonderful and so rich I couldn't finish it. The steaks were on a level with Berns for the types ordered and better than Del Friscos/Christners. We were so full we had to pass on dessert but for me the focus is always on the steak anyway.. The food and drinks above for two came in at around $100 so it is for special occasions but definitely worth the trip! I'll have reservations though to make sure of a seat though since this was a off season Saturday and we were lucky to be seated. Awesome!

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I went to Mark's last night for the first time. I had heard mixed reviews in the past, but let me tell you, if you are in the mood for a filet, this is the place! I've had plenty of steaks in Gainesville and while many restaurants prepare them more creatively, none are simply this delicious! They serve the filet on a hot plate over sizzling butter. I was in heaven! The filet melts in your mouth. My date and I also enjoyed the French onion soup, although we felt it was a bit too peppery. We enjoyed stuffed portobello mushrooms as our side as well as grilled asparagus.
The service was great. Our drinks were always full. The atmosphere was romantic. And to top it all off, Ande's mints were at the host stand!
Overall we had a great night. If you're in the mood for steak, this is your place!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Mark's is an excellent steakhouse, I have been three times now and it never disappoints. The steak is always cooked just how I like it and is served on a piping hot plate. Sides are sold separately and are large enough to share. The creamed spinach and garlic potatoes have been an excellent compliment to my meal. My wife had the steak on one visit but tried a seafood dish her second time and really enjoyed that as well. I have never seen the place full so reservations are recommended but not required. Expect to pay at least $100 for a table of two.

1  Thank gatorslam8