“Great food”

Mark's Prime Steakhouse
Ranked #39 of 567 Restaurants in Gainesville
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 1st ST
Description: Marks Prime Steakhouse has a goal to create a unique dining experience that will please the palate and soothe the soul. We serve the finest beef, freshest seafood, premium wines and naturally fresh vegetables. We hope to see you soon.
Gainesville, FL
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Mark's is an excellent steakhouse, I have been three times now and it never disappoints. The steak is always cooked just how I like it and is served on a piping hot plate. Sides are sold separately and are large enough to share. The creamed spinach and garlic potatoes have been an excellent compliment to my meal. My wife had the steak on one visit but tried a seafood dish her second time and really enjoyed that as well. I have never seen the place full so reservations are recommended but not required. Expect to pay at least $100 for a table of two.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank gatorslam8

Panama City, Florida
“Incredible steaks and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Love the atmosphere (dark and cozy, classy) of this Fine Dining establishment ($$$) located in a great part of Downtown Gainesville. Matt is a great server. Ask for the Lobster Mac and Cheese if they have it as a side item at the time. Delicious!! Worth every dime. Liked it so much we've eaten there twice on separate trips.

Visited May 2013
Chesapeake, VA
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had graduation dinner here on Monday. My son, the graduate has wanted to eat here but could not afford it on a student/ROTC allowance. This was his choice and all 9 of us had a great meal. The steaks were the best my husband said he'd ever had, everyone agreed. The seafood fresh and cooked to perfection. The sides, way big enough to share. If our son had not just graduated and moved to Pensacola I'm sure we would be back. Don't wait, take the kids as freshmen so you can enjoy Mark's more than once.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Navywife25
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Very nice steak and ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

The best place I've eaten in Gainesville, yet. The steak was very good, the sides were awesome and the ambience very nice.

• Visited April 2013
Gainesville, Fl
“Not amazing, but very nice for a special occasion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We went to celebrate our anniversary , and Gainesville does not have a lot of options for high end dinners. The decor is warm and high end, although I really had a hard time seeing my menu as it was so dark at our table. Our waitress, Jessica,was pleasant and helpful, and never intrusive. We never felt rushed, which is very important to us. The wine list was very nice and there was a large variety to choose from. We started with calamari which was pretty standard, felt heavily fried. We split the Original Bleu salad which was delicious with a light dressing. I had the Grouper Santa Fe which was lightly bronzed and served with lump crab. It was tasty and cooked well, nothing fabulous, but perhaps I should know to not order seafood at a steak house. My husband ordered the Delmonico, which was cooked to his specifications, and very tender and tasty. Jessica knew exactly which wine pared beautifully with the steak.We had the potatoes Lyonnaise which were lightly fried with carmelized onions- very good! Our waitress comped our dessert, Creme Brule as it was our anniversary, which was very nice of her and we appreciated that very much. Overall we had a wonderful experience , and would reccomend for a special occasion. Thank you Jessica .