“Great Theater Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hippodrome State Theatre

The Hippodrome State Theatre
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hippodrome State Theatre is the architectural centerpiece of Gainesville's Historic downtown and is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. The main stage theatre features the work of award-winning thespians and presents some of the best theatre in the country. The Hippodrome also houses a visual arts gallery, a cinema featuring first run artistic and foreign films, and a full service bar.
Miami, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Theater Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

First time ever at this place and I loved it! It's very small inside which gives you a very "personal" connection with the actors. I highly recommend it!

Gainesville, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Super cool local venue.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Set right in the middle of downtown Gainesville. The building is gorgeous. It's laid back but hip. Tons of independent films and the last two plays I saw were absolutely topnotch. The seating is intimate and you feel like you're practically in the show. Grab a glass of wine at intermission and have a chit chat on the front steps. What a fun, vibrant place. We're so lucky to have this in Gainesville. Forget the big cineplexes. This place WAYY more fun.

Gainesville, Florida
147 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 209 helpful votes
“Great, quirky entertainment options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The Hipp shows those movies too indie or outside the box for other theaters to pick up in town. I like that I get the big screen experience for films that I would otherwise have to wait for on Netflix or RedBox. They are upgrading to digital and new seating, so it should only improve from this point. The shows are also well worth it. I've seen productions elsewhere, and this cozy theater is one of my favorite spots.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Art walk night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

A glass of wine and experiencing beautiful art by a visiting artist.
The staff was very welcoming and informative about upcoming events.

Fernandina Beach, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun and cheap!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were trying to decide how we wanted to celebrate our anniversary we saw there was a zombie play at the hippodrome and being walking dead fans we knew this is what we wanted to do. The show tickets were only 15 dollars for students so fairly cheap. The zombie show was funny and entertaining wouldn't advice young children due to the language and sexual content. Only complaint is the bar only accepts cash which is an innconvinence and should be posted somewhere