“Staying for University of Florida graduation”

SpringHill Suites Gainesville
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Dallas
“Staying for University of Florida graduation”
Reviewed December 17, 2010

The hotel is okay but not as nice as the average Courtyard. The fixtures are a bit dated. The bathrooms are especially sad. Nice kitchenette combined with uncomfortable living room furniture. It's serviceable.

• Stayed December 2010
SHSGainesville, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, January 13, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feed back regarding your stay here at The Springhill Suites Gainesville. We take all of our reviews and comments seriously, so that we may better serve our Guests in the future. Please contact me if there is anything that I could do to make your next stay better and more comfortable.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I stayed in Springhill Suites for almost a week. The staff at this hotel is amazing, excellent service from every person I came in contact with. The breakfast is average, waffles, good variety of cereals, breads, eggs sausage, etc, but the people working the breakfast were so helpful and friendly. I heard him talking to someone who had come late to breakfast and he offered to make them new eggs and sausage so they would be fresh. The house keeping staff is also excellent. My room was spotless and they always greeted me in the hall and talked to my 2 y/o, very friendly. The room was quiet, bed comfy, and the clock radio played ocean sounds, or evening frog sounds. I felt like I was on a cruise ship.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
SHSGainesville, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, September 21, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We enjoy hearing that our guest had a comfortable and an enjoyable stay. PLease let us know if we can do anything else for you in the future or if there is anything we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable.

Hobe Sound, FL
Reviewed August 21, 2010

We were kept up all night not only by the occupant of the next room, but the room beyond his as well. "Paper thin" doesn't go far enough to describe the walls. Same experience with the air conditioner fan not staying on and agree that at least that might have drowned out some of the noise. You could literally hear every word - not just a muffled sound - coming from the next room. Other complaints but they were probably only annoying due to lack of sleep. Complained the next day and was told they would credit us reward points - have yet to see. The room was nice, the staff was very friendly...but we go to a hotel to sleep and, unfortunately, that didn't happen at this one - sleep quality, I would have bubbled zero!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
SHSGainesville, Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, September 21, 2010
Dear Guest,
I would like to Thank You for your feedback on Trip Advisor. And would like to Apologize for the Issues that you faced during you stay. I would also like to touch base with you to make sure that you have recieved the points that were promised to you, and also try to make your next stay in Gainesville more comfortable for you. Please feel free to cont act me, Eric Bovee - Front Office Manager, 352-376-8873 or email me at ebovee@chrco.com.

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed July 25, 2010

The good location and pleasant staff cannot make up for the horrible construction with paper thin walls and floors. Every closing of a door sounded like thunder and every word of the guests in the adjacent rooms could be heard even though they appeared to be talking in a normal tone. Our airconditioning fan was unable to stay on so it could not drown out the sounds. This made sleep almost impossible for my family and I.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Lowell, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Overall, I liked my stay here. You really can't beat the amenities of parking, breakfast buffet, kitchenette, and wireless internet in the room to go along with the price of the rooms. I had no problems with connecting to the internet, the breakfast was standard but fine, there was plenty of parking. The kitchenette in my room was not quite in order, clearly housekeeping had forgotten to check in there, as I found a carton of smelly leftovers and an unopened can of soda. The smell was confined to the fridge, so I just threw it in a hall trash can and didn't bother to let the desk know. Although maybe I should have. Overall, housekeeping services seemed a little slow. I was out of my room 9am-noon and when I came back, housekeeping hadn't been in. Not a big deal, it was still on the earlier side. But when I left and went back to my room again at 3:30pm, they still hadn't been in! I thought that seemed a little on the late side. It's not a huge deal, except that I did throw away food, etc. of my own that I wanted emptied. Another cleanliness complaint is that I did spot a couple tiny flying bugs (literally, smaller than fruit flies, could probably find them anywhere) in the room. My last complaint was about the pool. I went to the pool for a couple hours here and there throughout my stay, and not once did the filter come on. It's outdoors, so I expected bugs and whatnot to be floating around, and there were... but a filter being on might help minimize them at least?

To be honest, the couple of issues I had weren't a big deal to me, but might bother others. I'd stay again... the location has tons of stores and restaurants nearby (Target across the street!) which was all I really needed. It's about a 5 minute drive from the UF campus, and avoids the usual "campus crowds" of a hotels that are closer to the school. It was quiet and I wasn't bothered by any excessive noise (other than the very loud air conditioner, but it worked and that's all that matters to me!). Also, the beds were a little stiff for my liking, but I slept ok in them.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Panama City Beach
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Very clean with a friendly staff. Springhill usually doesn't disappoint and this was no exception.Stayed with 3 kids and there was plenty of room with 2 queens and a pull out. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Miami
Reviewed May 19, 2010

Came because they have a Shands Hospital rate. Very clean, nice rooms, good facilities. Worth the money.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, May 27, 2010
Thank you very much for the great review, we appreciate your business and hope you will come back soon and see us!