“Football weekend stay”

Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Carmel IN
“Football weekend stay”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I am Marriott Gold member so partial to marriott properties. Hotel was nicely appointed. We thought rooms were small for a "suite hotel". I travel a lot and they did not seem much bigger than full size hotel room. biggest issue was noise thru the walls. This was big disappointment at 1 am and we had to knock on wall to get noise down. I don't think the noise was that loud, but there is little privacy between walls there. on sat am. it was a mad dash to the game, it would seem to me they should have been a little better prepared fpr breakfast crowd and not run low on food....GB

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Greg B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Hotel was quiet, clean and away from main traffic way. Only one block off Archer and one block off I-75 on a side road by the dead end and no traffic noise buy so close to EVERYTHING. The suite (Rm#123) was great. Lots of room, sitting area, king bed, fridge, micro, coffee machine, two large LG TV'S. Had no attached room but next to ice machine and hotel side door. It was not noisy except for a little in the morning but total quiet all night long. Stayed 5 days and staff, maid service couldn't be nicer. We will definitely stay here again on our return to Gainesville. Breakfast is what you expect from hotel food but there was plenty of it with 24 hr coffee & tea available. This is the ONLY pet friendly hotel we stayed at that was truly exceptionally clean. Must mention that Tiffany took our reservation and checked us in a week later. She got us the best room with the best rate possible and really went out of her way to make our stay great. Shirley was the social butterfly of the breakfast room with a smile, laugh and lots of conversation for everyone. Ms Jean checked often to make sure things were right and was sincerely interested in providing the best stay a visitor can have. Fantastic staff and Marriott should be proud of the hotel. Ron, JoAnn & Shadow

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Clarita
Reviewed November 19, 2013

As a repeat visitor to this particular property, I always know what I am going to get and that helps make business travel a bit less stressful. I can count on a clean room, reliable service and a decent, hot breakfast. For a one-night stay that is about all I can really ask for.

The hotel is by no means luxurious, but that is not what SpringHill is all about. While I would very much like to see a full service Marriott in Gainesville, that is currently not an option and amongst the other Marriott options I see myself continuing to choose the SpringHill.

At check-in, my Platinum status was acknowledge and I was upgraded to a one-bedroom suite. Even though this is not the fanciest or most elegant suite, I appreciate the consideration and recognition of my status. I can definitely see the suite being useful for a large family traveling together.

I came across a few minor issues, but nothing that can't be corrected. The furniture in the common areas was clearly worn and could use some reupholstering or replacement. Same goes with some of the wood furniture in the rooms, there were chips, cracks and just a general worn and tired feeling. There was also an issue with my corporate credit card at check-in that took an extra trip to the front desk to resolve. Additionally, I heard the manager questioning the front desk clerk about the issue in a way that made me feel a little uncomfortable as if I posed a risk not to pay the bill. The gist of it was that I had checked out of a SpringHill suites 2 days prior and they did not run my card until the day I checked-in at this particular SpringHill. Because the issuing bank saw a charge at two SpringHills in separate cities on the same day they required me to call and explain. I would have been happy to discuss this with the manager directly instead of it being doing via a hushed conversation with the clerk. As a Platinum rewards member, any hotel manager should know that I pose no risk of not covering expenses.

So my three-star rating isn't because there is anything terribly wrong here, it's just that for me the best a no-frills hotel can receive would be 4-stars and there were a few minor issues here preventing that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

The best part was the breakfasts. The ladies their are really friendly and aim to do a good job. The worst part was the elevators were super slow and the room doors make a lot of noise when they close. The hotel is already showing wear.

• Stayed November 2013
texas
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Great place. The hostess at breakfast, Shirley, was especially sweet and helpful. Breakfast was great. Out room was clean, quiet, and spacious for our family of 5. We will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013
West Virginia, USA
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have stayed here a few times when visiting Gainesville for business. The location is perfect for my needs and the hotel has never disappointed in any respect. The rooms are always clean and well-furnished with sufficient amenities. The staff have always met my expectations. The gym facilities are more than adequate, and the breakfast is great. Some rooms have some road noise, but it's not terrible and it's the expected tradeoff for the convenience of being right next to the interstate. All in all, a very good choice for a stay in this area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I met my two sisters here for a girls weekend. Everyone that works there is very friendly and helpful. We especially enjoyed Shirley that helped with breakfast on Sat and Sun. She came up to us and introduced herself to us and welcomed us personally each morning. She advised if we needed anything to just let her know. She was very friendly and has a great presence in the kitchen and dining area. I really enjoyed her.

Room Tip: Our only problem was that there was some kind of dance competition that weekend somewhere locally an...