“Larry N”

Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Macon, Georgia
“Larry N”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I travel a lot and stay at a lot of Marriott properties all over the southeast. I typically get good service and a clean room. This visit Corey Gates was exceptionally helpful and assisted us professionally as only a dedicated Marriott employee could. This is exactly why I stay at Marriott hotels and Marriott Resorts. The rate was awesome and the amenities are more than adequate. Thanks Corey for going the extra mile to make this feel like my home away from home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SHSGainesvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Larry,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments rgarding your experience at the Springhill Suites Gainesville. I am glad that we were able to achieve our goal of total gest satisfaction with the accommodations and service you received. I thank you for personally recognizing Corey and I have shared your comments with him and he appreciates it. We hope to welcome you back soon on a future visit to Gainesville!

Steven Bradshaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My sister and I drove in from Pensacola for my visit to Shands for a consult. Everyone is very accomodating and friendly. It was very clean and we felt safe. The breakfast was very good and Shirley was most helpful and an asset to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments! I am pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with warm/friendly service and a great room during your recent visit to Shands. Although a visit to the hospital is not always the most pleasurable I am glad that our team was able to make it easier for you and your Sister. I hope that if you and your Sister need to return to gainesville that we are able to welcome you back.

Florida
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have stayed at SpringHill Suites Gainesville numerous times. I will say that our last stay a few weekends ago was equally as good as the others. Room was clean and comfortable (I do have to say the a/c unit is a bit noisy but that's a minor issue), with amenities such as a nice sized refrigerator, microwave, big flat screen tv., etc. The breakfast area is sufficiently large to handle a fully occupied hotel. This area was kept immaculately clean and the food was well-stocked and didn't run out (unlike what happened to a competitive chain-hotel.) We have a couple of favorite hotels in Gainesville as they frequenly book up due to UF events; this is one of them!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to Springhill Suites Gainesville, we really appreciate it and your taking the time to share your comments! We appreciate the feedback and hope that we continue to earn your business on future visits to Gainesville.

Thanks again!

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Love SHS since we have a family with 3 teens. We always need 2 beds + a fold out couch. This property is a gem. Woman at check in was so welcoming and the room was immaculate with all the amenities in place (a property in FL had none...not even a clock). Got a great AAA rate. Other hotels in the area wanted $10-20 more. Good breakfast. Enjoyed the turkey Canadian bacon. This, with the eggs and a bagel, made a great breakfast sandwich. Many restaurants and fast food around in addition to a Target. Note: If you have more than 3 in your party, be sure to ask for more towels. They only provide 3.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for sharing our comments regading your stay at the Springhill Suites Gainesville. I am glad that we were able to provide you and your family with comfortable accommodations and a great breakfast to start your day off right! We hope that you will choose us again when your travels bring you to Gainesville!

Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I received over the top service at Springhill Suites Gainesville. Everyone there was so polite and helpful. I can't say enough about the staff there. The room was clean and enjoyed the breakfast there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Donna R
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Springhill Suites Gainesville. It is always our goal to deliver top notch service to our guests and am glad to hear that we are achieved that goal with your stay. I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed our great new breakfast We hope to welcome you back on a future visit to Gainesville!

Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2013

hotel room smelled upon arrival, no hot water. We complained about no hot water and it wasn't fixed and we were told there was nothing they could do. They came to the room agreed it wasn't working. When we complained again to a different desk manager we were told no one else was complaining and that he didn't agree it wasn't working. Horrible breakfast. Also rooms come with double beds, not queen very small.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SHSGainesvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Ms. Lalime,

I was sorry to hear of your experience during your recent stay at the Springhill Suites Gainesville. First let me apologize and assure you that this is not a typical experience at this property. It is always our goal to provide our guests with comfortable accommodations and superior guest service during their stay with us and I am sorry that we fell short of that goal during your stay. We take your comments seriously and will address them immediately with our team. I will also contact you personally to make this right for you. I wouldm like to invite you back to give us another try, contact me anytime and I will take care of that for you. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, all feedback whether positive or negative helps us to continuously improve our facility and services.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was in Gainesville on business and needed a quiet, clean, comfortable hotel. Springhill Suites fit the bill. They are a clean, comfortable, suite environment. Their staff was friendly, helpful, and accommodating. They supply the usual motel continental breakfast, with a few hot items. Coffee is available 24 hours.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I am so glad that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Springhill Suites Gainesville, we appreciate you taking a moment to share that with us. Our team takes pride in providing a clean comfortable environment along with a smiling friendly face for our guests. We hope to welcome you back on a future visit to Gainesville!