“Good Gainesville Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Apopka, Florida
“Good Gainesville Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

As others have indicated, this Springhill Suites is ready for an update but that being said, this is a very good hotel. It is clean, the rooms are spacious and the staff are very accomodating. We just stayed there during a Gainesville event and were very pleased with the accomodations, the breakfast and all staff members we encountered. We are hoping to be able to stay there next year whe we go back for the event in 2014. I look forward to seeing the rooms after they update them.

This was a posiive experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
SHSGainesvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Springhill Suites Gainesville. We are thrilled that you were able to experience the hospitality of our great team here at the hotel and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Gainesville next year.

Warm regards,

Steven Bradshaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Random City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stays at this Marriott overall have been fine. Really just need a place to sleep as my engagements in Gainesville keep me away for the day. The only issue that I have had is with Corey. On the few occasions that I’ve had the pleasure of interacting with him, his service and attitude have been less than ideal, and not what I would expect from a Marriott employee. I have to question why he works in hospitality when he is less than hospitable with his service.

Outside of these interactions, the property has otherwise been great. The outside of the hotel is starting to age, but the inside is kept up rather well. Lobby and rooms are clean and accommodating. Noise can be heard between rooms or from the halls on occasion. Staff, besides the aforementioned person, has been pleasant and friendly. The hotel also provides a shuttle service to and from campus, which is a nice feature.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank The K
Sebring, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Even though this SpringHill Suites site may be older than some, it is well maintained. Our room was spacious and comfortable. It was very clean with the exception of the carpet which needs to be shampooed as evidenced by the bottom of our socks. The bed was comfortable but the pillows weren't as comfortable as we've experienced in other Marriott properties. Breakfast was good. I go for the healthy stuff so I appreciated the granola, fruit, and light yogurt. Also, I'm a coffeeholic and enjoyed the coffee and flavored creamer. Wifi is free and efficient. The location of the motel is very convenient. We had requested a quiet room in advance and were not disappointed. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. When we return to Gainesville, we will definitely stay at SpringHill Suites.

Room Tip: Always request a quiet room in advance...away from ice machines and elevators.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy M
Saint Augustine, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

First the pluses.....
1. Rooms are good size and clean,
2. Lobby was spotless.
3. Breakfast was above average.
4. Location is good for quick access to I75 and restaurants.

Now the downside...
1. The hotel is starting to show it's age. I'm guessing it's about 10 years old now and is due for a re-fresh.
2. The bathroom was very small.
3. I found the mattress to below par for a Marriott branded hotel. Could feel and hear the springs when gettin into bed.
4. Springhill is one of my favorite brands for travel and this one doesn't live up to the lofty standards they generally set. Maybe it's just that it is starting to look a little tired but I also found the staff were not as friendly, fast, or helpful as other Springhill's I have visited.

Overall, This is a pretty good hotel for a business traveler or someone looking for a decent night's sleep at a decent cost.

South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Room was nice, large, clean, quiet and comfortable. Beds were good and the A/C system worked well. Only gripes were no business channel on the TV, and powdered eggs at breakfast. Otherwise, the hotel was a good basic value and a safe choice, and I would stay there again.

New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

First I want to say that the service was friendly and tried to be helpful...no problems there. The property, however, is dated badly. Looks like perhaps it was an even older hotel retro-fitted into a Springhill. Pull out bed for kids was worst I have ever encountered. There were no linens for it in the room and they brought up a set that smelled and felt like it had been in storage, unlaundered for months (or more). Breakfast not available until 7:30, which is too late for many. Had no meat at all at the breakfast -- sausage gravy is fine but it can't replace a stand-alone meat. We had room next to VERY noisy ice machine (a little noise usually doesn't bother me but this was a real clunker). Knob/lock on bathroom did not work. Room was clean. DO yourself a favor and stay at one of the other places located on this street...save 20-30 bucks and buy yourself a real breakfast at a restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Campbellsville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at this property during a family wedding to the area. The facilities and expecially the rooms were clean and comfortable. My kids especially enjoyed the breakfast. Jackie at the front desk was very helpful when we discovered that we had left behind a very important bag. Upon our trip home I made a phone call to the hotel and Jackie helped track down our "left behind" bag. She even made a phone call to let me know when our family member had retrieved it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family