SpringHill Suites by Marriott Gainesville
$95
$90
SleepInn
  • Pool
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$68
$109
$93
BestWestern.com
$99
All reviewsbreakfast stafflollipopsfront deskwet barearly checkarcher roadsleeper sofaoatmealfree breakfastconvenient locationmini fridgenice place to stayexercise roomshuttle servicesitting areashands hospitalthe hotel is clean
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel is similar to other Springhill Suites. The rooms are stylish and roomy and bedding is comfortable. Buffet breakfast is tasty and staff is friendly. One staff member seemed hesitant to help set up the requested pack-n-play even though it was very late and I was holding the baby. I think she maybe just didn't know how to do it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
SHSGainesvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Springhill Suites Gainesville. I am glad to hear that everything was up to standard with your stay and that you enjoyed our breakfast and friendly staff. Thank you for letting us know about the experience with the crib set-up, we will ensure that everyone is retrained on the proper way to set-up the crib. We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our trip to gainesville was lovely. We had a chance to stay here for a day in the middle of the week and the entire staff had an attentive and gentle manner!
No one was invasive or pushy, everyone said hello, offered help if we had questions about the area, and the rooms were truely clean. I work in hospitality, I prefer the Marriott group in general but this property is beautiful and the construction for sound control is very good for Florida. Impressive for the college town.

The cleaning staff on hand are impeccable. I am O.C.D. about cleanliness, Former milatary I notice tiny details and they have a way of changing my mood drastically. I notice when the door handle is not clean, the edge of a dresser not wiped, and dust. Every aspect of this room was very well excuted.

Room Tip: all areas have good sound control.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
SHSGainesvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Springhill Suites Gainesville. We are thrilled that we achieved our goal with every guest of a great room along with service that is there when you need it but also unintrusive to allow you to relax and feel at "home". We look forward to welcoming you on a future visit to Gainesville.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We just spent a fun weekend in Gainesville attending a food and wine festival. Even though all our activities took place in the center of town, we found this hotel to be very convenient to us albeit located right off the I-75. It was only a short drive from the center, and very convenient to get on the interstate the next day. The hotel is clean, well run and has the "usual" standard expected of Marriott hotels. The only thing we found below the standard of the Marriott brands was the breakfast, which in our opinion offered limited choices. While it had a variety of less healthy choices such as pastries, it had no fruit, no hard boiled eggs, no meats with scrambled eggs, and only one type of sugary yogurts. Yes, it provided an adequate breakfast but we had better across all the Marriott brands. This minor shortcoming would not stop us from returning.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are always a good choice, but not necessary here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
SHSGainesvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Springhill Suites Gainesville. We are glad that you enjoyed your time experiencing all that Gainesville has to offer. We are always looking to provide many choices when it comes to our breakfast offerings and are in the process of adding additional healthy options. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit to Gainesville.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed here while helping our youngest move to his 4th appartment while attending UF. This was our 7th stay and had we known for sure he would be graduating in May 2013 we would have tried to book it for graduation. Hint: book ASAP if going for a graduation. The rooms are very clean. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. The breakfast is ok, make sure you get down early if there is a group of kids staying. The only thing I could ever complain about would be the parents of the kids in large groups have never controlled their bunch. I agree that when a large group books they should all have rooms together on the first floor so they can annoy each other! Having said that I will stay here again before my son graduates and anytime I return to Gainesville, provided I can get a reservation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

First of all let me take this opportunity to thank you for being such a loyal guest of the Springhill Suites Gainesville, we are glad to be your "home away from home" while visiting your son at UF. We look forward to welcoming you back on future visits and for your son's graduation in May. If you ever need assistance with your reservations please feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to help you. Go Gators!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel after bidding on Priceline, and was very pleased with my experience! The room (suite) was huge and could accommodate pretty much anything; it had two queen beds, a couch and chair in a separate living area, work desk, microwave and fridge, and spacious bathroom with a separate sink area. The bed was very comfortable, and the hotel itself was quiet. The air conditioning unit, on the other hand, was not, despite the ear plugs I used.

The breakfast was good and offered numerous options,and the dining area was clean and comfortable.

The location is excellent: it's very close to I-75, off of Archer Road near Target and many restaurants and other stores. Shuttle service to/from the airport, Shands, and UF is available, if needed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Springhill Suites Gainesville. We are glad that your stay with us was comfortable and convenient and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.