“Very good and convenient”

SpringHill Suites Gainesville
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
St. Augustine, FL
“Very good and convenient”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We just spent a fun weekend in Gainesville attending a food and wine festival. Even though all our activities took place in the center of town, we found this hotel to be very convenient to us albeit located right off the I-75. It was only a short drive from the center, and very convenient to get on the interstate the next day. The hotel is clean, well run and has the "usual" standard expected of Marriott hotels. The only thing we found below the standard of the Marriott brands was the breakfast, which in our opinion offered limited choices. While it had a variety of less healthy choices such as pastries, it had no fruit, no hard boiled eggs, no meats with scrambled eggs, and only one type of sugary yogurts. Yes, it provided an adequate breakfast but we had better across all the Marriott brands. This minor shortcoming would not stop us from returning.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are always a good choice, but not necessary here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SHSGainesvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Springhill Suites Gainesville. We are glad that you enjoyed your time experiencing all that Gainesville has to offer. We are always looking to provide many choices when it comes to our breakfast offerings and are in the process of adding additional healthy options. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit to Gainesville.

Steven Bradshaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Chesapeake, VA
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed here while helping our youngest move to his 4th appartment while attending UF. This was our 7th stay and had we known for sure he would be graduating in May 2013 we would have tried to book it for graduation. Hint: book ASAP if going for a graduation. The rooms are very clean. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. The breakfast is ok, make sure you get down early if there is a group of kids staying. The only thing I could ever complain about would be the parents of the kids in large groups have never controlled their bunch. I agree that when a large group books they should all have rooms together on the first floor so they can annoy each other! Having said that I will stay here again before my son graduates and anytime I return to Gainesville, provided I can get a reservation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

First of all let me take this opportunity to thank you for being such a loyal guest of the Springhill Suites Gainesville, we are glad to be your "home away from home" while visiting your son at UF. We look forward to welcoming you back on future visits and for your son's graduation in May. If you ever need assistance with your reservations please feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to help you. Go Gators!

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel after bidding on Priceline, and was very pleased with my experience! The room (suite) was huge and could accommodate pretty much anything; it had two queen beds, a couch and chair in a separate living area, work desk, microwave and fridge, and spacious bathroom with a separate sink area. The bed was very comfortable, and the hotel itself was quiet. The air conditioning unit, on the other hand, was not, despite the ear plugs I used.

The breakfast was good and offered numerous options,and the dining area was clean and comfortable.

The location is excellent: it's very close to I-75, off of Archer Road near Target and many restaurants and other stores. Shuttle service to/from the airport, Shands, and UF is available, if needed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Springhill Suites Gainesville. We are glad that your stay with us was comfortable and convenient and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have no idea why the front desk staff gave us a room directly across from the ice maker....there was a baseball team taking up many rooms in this hotel, and they filled up their game day coolers every morning at 6 am.....would have appreciated being given a room away from all the team players and their families/coaches. Room clean, but front desk personnel should have tried to keep team rooms together and put THEM directly outside the noisy icemaker.......will know from experience to request room at far end of hall...AWAY from the icemaker.

Room Tip: Stay AWAY from the icemaker.....On ALL floors !!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SHSGainesvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

I want to first apologize that your stay at the Springhill Suites Gainesville was less than ideal due to the noise factor from athletic groups in-house at the time. Let me assure you that the Front Desk does do their best to try and isolate groups such as these away from other guests. Unfortunately sometimes due to the size of the groups this is not always possible. if you do have the opportunity to visit Gainesville again please contact me personally and I will ensure that your room is away from any possible noise distractions. Our goal is to make sure that all our Guests are able to get a restfull nights sleep.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I thought this place was very good. We stayed during graduation weekend when Gainesville is a total zoo, but it was still fairly quiet. I thought the breakfast was good for a free breakfast. I would stay again but it usually an expensive hotel to justify something that isn't a special occasion.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Springhill Suites Gainesville. We are glad to hear that your stay including the breakfast was enjoyable and would love to welcome you back on a future visit to the area. Since you did stay during a Graduation weekend our rates may have been higher than normal, please contact me directly when you plan to visit again and I will personally make sure that you get the Best Rate Available as we are typically very competively priced in the Gainesville market.

miami
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I go to Gainesville quite often, and the Springhill Suites is a nice place to stay when I visit. It is in a convenient location right off of the highway. It also is on a main road where many restaurants and shops are. It is close to the UF campus, too. The hotel itself is nice, the rooms are spacious and the staff is friendly. There is breakfast in the morning that's free. The hotel is always clean. It is a great place to stay when visiting Gainesville.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Springhill Suites Gainesville. Let me first thank you for your loyalty to the Springhill Suites and I am glad that we are your hotel of choice when visiting Gainesville. We look forward to welcoming you many more times in the future and if we can do anything to make your stays more enjoyable please let me know.

Fairfield, OH
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We reserved connecting rooms. One room had a broken toilet seat. When someone came to look at it, we were told it could not be fixed until morning (when we would we checking out). Our choices were to move to non-adjoining rooms (which doesn't work with children) or stay where we were. We were not offered a discount for our trouble.

The bathrooms are old and worn as is the furniture in the living area. The desk chair had a nasty stain on it. The beds were hard as a rock. I will not stay with this chain again. It is not up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SHSGainesvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Springhill Suites by Marriott Gainesville. Please be assured that we take all guest comments and concerns very seriously as a valuable tool in our ongoing efforts to provide superior accommodations and service.

First let me apologize for the issues you encountered, we certainly understand the challenges of traveling with children and then to not have everything in your room working properly or up to standard is not acceptable to us. We do have a limited amount of adjoining rooms on the property so I apologize for the inability to move you to other adjoining rooms. We have personally inspected these rooms with our team to ensure that all of your concerns have been addressed and the rooms are up to standard for the next guest.

Once again please accept my apologies and if there is anything I can do for you on a future visit to Gainesville please let me know and I will take care of the arrangements personally.

Best regards,