“Great stay!”

Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great stay!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel after bidding on Priceline, and was very pleased with my experience! The room (suite) was huge and could accommodate pretty much anything; it had two queen beds, a couch and chair in a separate living area, work desk, microwave and fridge, and spacious bathroom with a separate sink area. The bed was very comfortable, and the hotel itself was quiet. The air conditioning unit, on the other hand, was not, despite the ear plugs I used.

The breakfast was good and offered numerous options,and the dining area was clean and comfortable.

The location is excellent: it's very close to I-75, off of Archer Road near Target and many restaurants and other stores. Shuttle service to/from the airport, Shands, and UF is available, if needed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
SHSGainesvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Springhill Suites Gainesville. We are glad that your stay with us was comfortable and convenient and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Steven Bradshaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have no idea why the front desk staff gave us a room directly across from the ice maker....there was a baseball team taking up many rooms in this hotel, and they filled up their game day coolers every morning at 6 am.....would have appreciated being given a room away from all the team players and their families/coaches. Room clean, but front desk personnel should have tried to keep team rooms together and put THEM directly outside the noisy icemaker.......will know from experience to request room at far end of hall...AWAY from the icemaker.

Room Tip: Stay AWAY from the icemaker.....On ALL floors !!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SHSGainesvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

I want to first apologize that your stay at the Springhill Suites Gainesville was less than ideal due to the noise factor from athletic groups in-house at the time. Let me assure you that the Front Desk does do their best to try and isolate groups such as these away from other guests. Unfortunately sometimes due to the size of the groups this is not always possible. if you do have the opportunity to visit Gainesville again please contact me personally and I will ensure that your room is away from any possible noise distractions. Our goal is to make sure that all our Guests are able to get a restfull nights sleep.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I thought this place was very good. We stayed during graduation weekend when Gainesville is a total zoo, but it was still fairly quiet. I thought the breakfast was good for a free breakfast. I would stay again but it usually an expensive hotel to justify something that isn't a special occasion.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Springhill Suites Gainesville. We are glad to hear that your stay including the breakfast was enjoyable and would love to welcome you back on a future visit to the area. Since you did stay during a Graduation weekend our rates may have been higher than normal, please contact me directly when you plan to visit again and I will personally make sure that you get the Best Rate Available as we are typically very competively priced in the Gainesville market.

miami
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I go to Gainesville quite often, and the Springhill Suites is a nice place to stay when I visit. It is in a convenient location right off of the highway. It also is on a main road where many restaurants and shops are. It is close to the UF campus, too. The hotel itself is nice, the rooms are spacious and the staff is friendly. There is breakfast in the morning that's free. The hotel is always clean. It is a great place to stay when visiting Gainesville.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Springhill Suites Gainesville. Let me first thank you for your loyalty to the Springhill Suites and I am glad that we are your hotel of choice when visiting Gainesville. We look forward to welcoming you many more times in the future and if we can do anything to make your stays more enjoyable please let me know.

Fairfield, OH
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We reserved connecting rooms. One room had a broken toilet seat. When someone came to look at it, we were told it could not be fixed until morning (when we would we checking out). Our choices were to move to non-adjoining rooms (which doesn't work with children) or stay where we were. We were not offered a discount for our trouble.

The bathrooms are old and worn as is the furniture in the living area. The desk chair had a nasty stain on it. The beds were hard as a rock. I will not stay with this chain again. It is not up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SHSGainesvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Springhill Suites by Marriott Gainesville. Please be assured that we take all guest comments and concerns very seriously as a valuable tool in our ongoing efforts to provide superior accommodations and service.

First let me apologize for the issues you encountered, we certainly understand the challenges of traveling with children and then to not have everything in your room working properly or up to standard is not acceptable to us. We do have a limited amount of adjoining rooms on the property so I apologize for the inability to move you to other adjoining rooms. We have personally inspected these rooms with our team to ensure that all of your concerns have been addressed and the rooms are up to standard for the next guest.

Once again please accept my apologies and if there is anything I can do for you on a future visit to Gainesville please let me know and I will take care of the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2012

An embarrassment to Marriott. It looks and feels old in the rooms... with poor room layouts, bathrooms, staff and breakfast(OK eggs, watery grits, cold pancakes and NO WAFFLES!). INCREDIBLY OVERPRICED AT $100+ a night! The allegedly soundproof glass is a flat out lie since every sound can be heard on the second floor. Asked for a ONE hour extension on a Sunday checkout and was treated like I was asking for a free night.
Hotel gets overrun with large groups.
LARGE GROUPS OF TEENAGERS LOUD All DAY AND NIGHT!
Wi-Fi is a joke.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Tchikn
, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take all of our reviews very seriously so that we can better serve our guests. I apologize for the difficulties you faced during your stay. Please contact us if we can be any assistance to you in the future, to help make your next stay better.
Eric Bovee
Front Office Manager
Huye, Rwanda
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. The manager might want to think about changing the hours of the pool, if possible. There were guests out at the pool until 11pm, which isn't a problem if they were just swimming. They were playing very loud music, which they did turn off after I called the front desk. But then they were talking and yelling just as loud as their music. Thus, I would not recommend staying in a room anywhere near the pool. We did not sleep very well. Breakfast was alright, but there was no juice due to the machine leaking. Maybe next time is happens, pitchers of water could be put out instead. We usually stay at Marriott's, but this is not one we will be visiting again.

Room Tip: Do not get a room by the pool!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
SHSGainesville, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Eric Bovee